Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Grace church Waldorf is an exciting energetic group of people who strive “to live and love like Jesus…and help others to do the same.” Our message is Christ focused, our teaching is theological, and our worship is inspirational. Presently, we are celebrating 40 years of God’s faithfulness! We are in an exciting new season of ministry with the recent hire of our new Lead Pastor. Our church represents all ages with some diverse community of believers in a vibrant city of Waldorf. In addition, the church has a Christian School (GCA) located on our property. We have been blessed and celebrating over 25 years of Christian school education.
Grace Church is looking for a Youth Pastor to lead our middle and high school students. Our purpose is to make disciples for Christ, equipping them to share their faith with others. Our next Youth Pastor will need to have the skills and experience to lead a multicultural youth ministry. Prior experience in a multicultural setting is preferred.
The Primary Task:
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- Disciple the youth into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Grow the youth ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build a team of passionate adult youth leaders to help build healthy relationships through mentoring and discipleship.
Responsibilities for Grace Church:
- Create weekly meetings with a volunteer leadership team.
- Develop a teaching schedule for Wednesday evenings.
- Developing a discipleship teaching time prior to Wednesday evening meetings with the teens attending Grace Christian Academy.
- Coordinate Sunday school for youth (grades 6-12).
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner. This includes a quarterly parent’s newsletter and regular parent emails regarding upcoming events.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Responsibilities for Grace Christian Academy (GCA):
- Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel the youth at Grace Christian Academy.
- Coordinate weekly chapels.
- Work with the GCA Administration and Teachers in a collaborative spirit.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Adhere to Grace Church’s statements of belief, philosophy, vision and mission statements.
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A relational and pastoral heart.
- Have a good collaborative spirit and working relationship with the staff.
- 3 plus years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the church.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
The Youth Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Lead Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor’s performance which will be ultimately reviewed by the Pastoral Team (Elders).
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please send an email to the Lead Pastor, Bruno R. Giamba, email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Pastor Job Application” with the following attachments:
- Your resumé
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
- A link to your preaching (preferably video, but audio is acceptable if no video is available)