Tyrone, Pennsylvania, United States
Grace Baptist Church and Tyrone, Pennsylvania Information:
Grace Baptist Church (Grace Church) is an independent church that is desirously affiliated with the Southern Baptist Churches of North America and its cooperative mission’s program. Concerning our Doctrinal position we are in agreement with the “Baptist Faith and Message of 2000”. The mission statement of our church is “Rooted in God’s Word, Growing Godly Families”. The congregation has around 150 families from a balanced age and working demographic. Most of the younger families under age 45 are college degreed and find both parents working and juggling to meet the demanding schedules of their children/youth. Church attendance varies with the weather climate and holiday seasons and has averaged 205 on Sunday AM service for the last two years.
Due to numerical growth through the years we relocated and built a new facility which houses an auditorium that seats 250 (300 with choir), a ½ gym (fellowship room) that the youth and families use constantly for everything from basketball to various church fellowships and family parties. The facility also has 2 nurseries and numerous Sunday school rooms. By God’s grace we have seen a consistent number of salvation decisions who are baptized and discipled; as well, we are blessed with a positive atmosphere for spiritual commitment growth among the congregation. Pastor Garthwaite has served Grace as its pastor for 19 years, our previous youth pastor served here for 10 years. We have a large number of children (50+) and around 15 faithful/bonding teens (probably 10 more teens on the fringe) in the youth ministry but a large crop of youth coming up into the youth group in the near years ahead. One of the unique aspects of Grace when compared to most churches today is that when the students graduate from HS they attend college locally and choose to stay in the church and are growing to become increasingly involved in the church’s ministry and future. Grace church also is blessed with a strong emphasis on music; we have two different contemporary praise teams, and adult, teen and children’s choirs. We have regular musical/ dramatic productions that continue to grow in quality and effective outreach with the gospel.
TYRONE, PA – Please consider applying to serve as the Youth Pastor for Grace Baptist Church in Tyrone, PA. Located in rural Blair County, Pennsylvania, Tyrone is home to nearly 5,500 residents with another 15,000 within a radius of 7 miles. Strategically located on I 99 between Altoona (pop 50,000) and State College (home of the main campus of Penn State University), Tyrone as a community combines the best qualities of rural, small town life along with neighboring small city conveniences. Located at the north eastern edge of Blair County, Tyrone is bordered by Centre, and Huntingdon Counties also. It offers a growing young family population, excellent public schools, beautiful parks, a sportsman paradise, natural resources, and a broad range of cultural and athletic venues.
Tyrone, Pennsylvania – To view the history, local information, services, recreation, and administration links for the borough, please visit: http://www.tyroneboropa.com/
To visit the Blair County website, please visit: http://www.blairco.org/Pages/Government.aspx
To learn more about the amenities of Blair County, please visit: http://www.pavisnet.com/blair/
How to ApplyGrace Baptist Church 2308 Adams Avenue Tyrone, PA 16686 email@example.com Youth Pastor Job Description – 2/18/15 YOUTH PASTOR EXPECTATIONS - The typical educational and experience requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree (some form of ministry degree program is ideal) and at least three years of experience (can include volunteer ministry) in ministry as a Youth Pastor/ Leader in a Baptistic or other Bible-centered church. A current ordination as a Minister of the Gospel in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or a willingness to obtain a similar ordination within a two year from date of hire, is preferred. Youth Pastor applicants must value and practice walking closely with God. This should be achieved on a daily basis through frequent interaction with God’s word and prayer through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. The selected candidate will be expected to pray regularly & demonstrate obedience to the biblical truths and teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The selected applicant must meet all the biblical qualifications of a shepherd given in Scripture (I Timothy 3: 1-7; Titus 1: 6-9; I Peter 5: 1-4) and exhibit an exemplary and intimate knowledge of the Bible. An individual who is Spirit gifted to oversee, teach/preach with an innate passion for communicating God’s word to children, teens as well as some oversight of college & career age young adults is necessary to be successful in this position. The Youth Pastor will also be required to possess and fully utilize interpersonal and teaching skills to assist the Senior Pastor, Elders, Deacons, Trustees, and church members in their efforts to preserve and promote the unity of the church body and follow the procedures of the church and elder board as directed per the Grace Baptist Church Constitution and by-laws. It is our desire and goal at Grace Church to minister to Tyrone and the surrounding communities while serving Christ in all facets of the true Christian life until He returns to rapture His church. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES of the Youth Pastor include but are not limited to the following: Manage and oversee all children, teen and young adult ministries. (AWANA, Youth Group, Vacation Bible School, Junior church, college & career Bible studies, etc.)
- Reach out to children, teen (parents) & young adults to follow-up on decisions for Christ.
- Provide status reports on the youth ministry to the elder board and to congregation membership as needed. An annual report on youth ministries is required.
- Establish and maintain regular office hours in addition to managing youth programs which may occur during evening and weekend hours as planned.
- Oversee/teach children, youth & young adults and to intentionally recruit and train volunteers to serve in youth/young adult ministries.
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently and possess exemplary organizational skills.
- Prepare and deliver biblical messages/lessons on Sunday, Wednesday, or any other scheduled service and in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills, including a gift for public speaking and a capacity to listen.
- Demonstrate an understanding and genuine appreciation in working with diverse audiences.
- Exhibit an exceptional level of intellect, collegiality, integrity, and creative planning with a strong commitment to furthering the work of Christ in the Youth ministry
- Interface with church staff and volunteers in a collaborative manner;
- Initiate and maintain relationships with youth (and their parents), youth ministry volun-teers, families that are visitors, church members.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Perform the two sacraments of the church – The Lord’s Supper and Baptism when called upon.
- Conduct pre and post-marital, family & youth counseling as needed.
- Represent Christ to the community and act in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Preferred status will be given to applicants who possess the ability to lead worship music and who have an outstanding knowledge of computers/information systems and operating program interfaces and troubleshooting