Youth ministry one-year residency
North Way Youth Ministry Residency
North Way’s residency program is designed to help you discern your God-given calling. This one-year, full-time program features two major components: hands-on ministry experience (32 hours/week) and intentional spiritual/leadership development (8 hours/week). To gain experience, you’ll serve in an important role in our student ministry with meaningful leadership responsibilities. The focused development will entail many different forms of growth and learning: mentoring, group discussions, a justice conference, and much more!
Residency positions are paid ($14/hour), and there is a fundraising portion at the beginning of the term (May-July 2019). Applications are due by February 28, 2019, to be considered for the upcoming term. If you have any questions about the residency program, please visit calling.northway.org/residency or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of the primary responsibilities of the student ministry resident:
- Work with student ministry director to improve safety, security, and cleanliness of ministry spaces.
- Develop volunteer training materials and lead volunteer training events.
- Build strong relationships with all 6-12th grade students, parents, and volunteers.
- Be the “face” of the student ministry for your campus.
- Teach periodically in all areas of student ministry.
- Work to improve organization and structure of set-up and tear-down processes.
- Work to plan and execute 2 student events (one each semester).
But please note that residency positions are flexible and can be tailored to the gifting, passions, and experience of incoming residents!
About North Way Christian Community
North Way Christian Community is a non-denominational church with six campuses across the Pittsburgh area. Our vision is to make an impact on the Pittsburgh region with the hope of the gospel. We do this by making disciple-makers, developing leaders, engaging in local and global missions, and launching new church campuses. We are a church of people who love others where we live, work, and play. We are continually looking to hire people taking their first step into vocational ministry because of our passion for developing emerging leaders.
How to ApplyYou can apply by visiting calling.northway.org/residency and clicking "Apply now."