Matamoras, Pennsylvania, United States
Hope Evangelical Free Church 300 First Street Matamoras, PA 18336
YOUTH LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION:
STATUS: Part-time, Salaried
The goal of the Youth Ministry (Middle and High School) is to build disciples for Christ, equipping them to share their faith with others. The mission of discipleship in relational environment should be a key component of the youth ministry.
The Youth Leader reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor provides a periodic evaluation of the Youth Leader’s performance to the Church Board, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan (MAP).
The Primary Task:
Implement a comprehensive approach to Hope’s student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- disciple the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments
- grow the youth ministry by creating an attractive and compelling environment to which our youth can invite their Christian and non-Christian friends.
- build a team of passionate adult youth coaches to help mentor and disciple the youth
- show Jesus’ love through modeling, in a biblical Christian conduct. (I Tim 4:12)
- challenge the youth and young adults to respond to God’s call to serve in the church, their communities, and the world
- support and assist the parents in the process of discipling their children
- build a ministry that engages with local Middle and High schools in the area
- Be an advocate for youth and young adults and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry.
- Mentor youth and young adults in developing their leadership skills in concert with the gifts and talents of volunteers and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Stay abreast of new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and effective program.
- Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve in various aspects of youth, and young adult ministry and ensure adequate adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth ministries.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, social media, bulletin, newsletter, texting, etc.).
- Be an active participant in the life of the church and encourage the youth to do the same.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings. A background check will be required.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Adhere to theology and values in harmony with Hope’s statement of belief at https://www.efca.org/resources/document/efca-statement-faith
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ attested by family and social interactions.
- A relational and pastoral heart.
- A Professional Certification in Youth Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have vision and ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please send an email to the Senior Pastor, Leonard Gilpin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Youth Leader Application” with the following attachments:
- Your resume
- A brief Christian Bio
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
- A link to your preaching (preferably video, but audio is acceptable if no video is available)
- Provide 3 letters of recommendation, one being from your pastor.
- Background check will be required.