Elkton, Maryland, United States
Moore’s Chapel United Methodist Church
Next Generation Youth Leader
Purpose for Candidate Search:
Moore’s Chapel is seeking a qualified candidate to serve the congregation, surrounding
neighborhoods and beyond to nurture and grow children, youth, and young adults to
build a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ by directing a comprehensive Spirit-led
1. Christian Education–Responsibilities will include:
a. Coordinate a Sunday School program that is congruent for ages 3 through
12th grade including weekly lesson planning (with volunteer leaders and
b. Offer opportunities for young adults to grow in their faith and relationship
with the Lord through small group studies, classes, fellowship, etc.
c. Attend and participate in Christian Education committee meetings.
d. Work with the Christian Education Committee and pastor in choosing
curriculum for Sunday School and Young Adults.
e. Ensure that all education needs are staffed by volunteers or covered in
f. Train volunteers, ensure that they are background checked, and assemble
2. Youth Program–Responsibilities will include:
a. Plan weekly Youth Group meetings for 6th through 12th grade that are a
mix of fellowship, Bible study, devotions, praise/worship, opportunities to
encounter God, and games. Focus on “Reach, Connect, Form, Send”
b. Challenge and teach students to rely on God as they seek to develop and
build a lifelong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
c. Coordinate, plan, and attend annual Peninsula-Delaware Youth Rally trip
and other similar events as appropriate.
d. Foster positive relationships with each young person.
e. Facilitate / assist with confirmation / youth Alpha.
f. Be a positive and encouraging role model.
g. Plan one additional activity for the Youth Group per quarter. This activity
can be focused only on fellowship.
h. Become invested in the lives of the youth through technology, social
media and other appropriate means. This could be sharing books, articles,
setting up mentorship, etc. with young adults and youth, or some other
way to keep the Youth focused on growing their relationship with Christ.
i. Fulfill any other administrative requirements to run and lead the Youth
3. VBS–Responsibilities will include:
a. Coordinate a comprehensive VBS program for ages 3 through 12th grade
(with volunteer leaders and helpers).
b. Promote VBS to surrounding neighborhoods and community.
c. Work with the Christian Education Committee and pastor in choosing
curriculum for VBS.
d. Ensure that all VBS needs are staffed by volunteers or covered in some
e. Train volunteers, ensure that they are background checked, and assemble
4. The candidate will:
● Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, who regularly seeks to know,
serve, and love God in greater measure.
● Exemplify and live the church’s mission, vision, values, and pillars.
● Uphold staff policies and safe sanctuary policies.
● Be able to maintain confidences, effectively listen and communicate, and
have the ability to resolve conflicts in a productive God-honoring manner.
● Be present, attend, interact with and get to know church members at both
● Report directly to Pastor and will be accountable to the Moore’s Chapel
Staff and Parish Relations Committee.
● BS/BA in education, youth ministry, or related field preferred with
● Have an ability to connect with children, youth, and young adults.
● Is adept in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Have demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
● Is able to work well in a team environment with people of all ages.
● Is a strong leader and self-motivated.
● Pass state and federal fingerprint clearance and background checks
● Is a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and
integrity, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to email@example.com head of the search committee.