Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
LAMPETER CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN
Position Profile – Youth Director
Part-Time Position (25 hours per week)
The Youth Director will provide spiritual leadership to Jr. and Sr. High Students. He will lead and train Youth Leaders and is in charge of youth services in church. The Youth Director will help plan youth programs and activities and be responsible for the youth ministry budget and fundraising. The Youth Director will be responsible for carrying out the vision for the church through the youth ministry.
- Commitment to Christ – Has a strong, personal faith and the ability to share it. Maintains a daily devotional life.
- Commitment to Youth Ministry – Has a passion for Youth Ministry and the ability to relate to youth.
- Passion – Has a zeal for youth ministry, vitality and energy, and the ability to minister to youth.
- Servant Leadership – Has strong leadership skills, the ability to delegate, facilitate, and encourage.
- Visionary and Goal Oriented
- Communication Skills – Has good communication skills, both oral and written. Is a good listener and mediator.
- Organization – Has strong organizational and time management skills.
- Student of the Scriptures, Theology and Brethren Heritage – Prepared to teach and counsel from the Bible.
Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Continue to build one’s own spiritual development and relationship with God.
- Be a committed member of the Lampeter Church of the Brethren and attend scheduled church-wide functions (Worship/Wednesday Night Happenings/Congregational Forum, etc.).
- Be a team player with the ability to work well with other staff and Ministry Team Leaders.
- Attend appropriate meetings as directed.
- Participate annually in professional growth opportunities.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Encourage the youth and volunteers to search for, discover, and build a love relationship with God and with each other through Jesus Christ.
- Develop and coordinate youth activities with the Youth Leaders, including but not limited to:
- Junior and Senior High activities
- Service and Outreach Opportunities
- An effective plan of communication that provides updates for youth activities through the bulletin, e-mail, Facebook, Instagram and the church website.
- Youth Sunday worship service.
- Integrate and coordinate curriculum of all youth ministries including Wednesday Night Happenings, Sunday School and Youth Bible Studies, with the primary intent of seeing our youth become fully devoted followers and servants of Jesus Christ.
- Create and maintain a strong youth community by ensuring that relationships are developed with active, inactive, and prospective youth group members and their families.
- Ensure that proper care is provided for youth and/or their families in situations where teenagers may need help or support.
- Encourage, develop and foster the understanding and use of spiritual giftedness in our youth.
- Equip the youth to become effective in evangelism and discipleship through training and ministry opportunities.
- Connect, when possible, to area middle and high schools for ministry opportunities.
- As appropriate, develop and maintain relationships with other local youth leaders and community ministries.
- Promote and participate in Brethren belief activities and practices such as love feast, baptism, and work camps.
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Lampetercob@lampcob.com