Youth Center Program Assistant
Job Description (Part Time Position) (Approximately 20-30 hours per week)
The ideal candidate who demonstrates excellence in this role will have opportunity over time to be considered for additional hours to bring this to a full time position.
Rainbow’s End exists to reach local youth in Christian love; impacting them for life. Located in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, the center and its staff seek to encourage, develop, and equip our youth to experience Godly wholeness by: Praying, Sharing Christ, Teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised recreation. This is all accomplished though the partnerships of local churches, businesses and individuals.
The Program Assistant is a year round position that will provide support and leadership to various aspects of the programmatic aspects of the ministry. They will work to achieve the mission and vision of Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) through the building and strengthening of relationships with students and volunteers. The Program Assistant will also work alongside the Program Director, Executive Director, and other staff and volunteers to serve the students and volunteers through direct and indirect student ministry.
Primary Responsibilities and Commitments
- Work with Elementary, Junior High and High School students during After School Programming (Monday-Thursday 3-6pm) to help lead activities, Bible lessons, gym games, crafts etc.
- Provide direction and or/support for volunteer team members in the After School Programs
- Manage the cleaning schedule of REYS physical buildings and property
- Manage weekly, monthly and annual projects as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director. (Examples: manage weekly volunteer dinner schedules and annual backpacks project)
- Prioritize relationship building with all youth who walk through the doors of REYS
- Foster a motivational, collaborative, and innovative work and ministry environment
- The Program Assistant will work approximately 20 hours each week from 1:30-6:30pm Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly position with no additional benefits. Additional hours may be added to the weekly schedule based on availability of the Program Assistant and Youth Center needs.
- Personal commitment and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Leadership and management experience working with youth (or related experience)
- Completed High School Degree Required: Some college or post High School studies are of value.
- Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of REYS
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate the vision of life transformation in youth
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energizing leadership style capable of motivating others
- Relational skills and abilities in working with community partners (churches, schools, volunteers)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and competencies working in multiracial, multicultural environment
- Patience and empathy in working with all ages of youth and those in difficult life circumstances
- Self-motivated and adaptable; well organized to select priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Good command of technology
How to ApplyTo apply: Visit https://reys.org/about/ to download and complete the job application. Completed applications and accompanying documentation can be emailed to REYS Executive Director, Joel Hughes, at email@example.com or mailed to 105 Fairview St Mount Joy PA 17552