Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Faith Church is seeking a part-time Worship Leader for our Sunday morning worship service. Start date is November 1, 2019. We desire to have a service of worship that emphasizes a variety of elements and styles, focusing on giving glory to God and inspiring our church community to full participation in the mission of God, which we believe is to love God and love people.
- Demonstrate a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seek to grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to his Kingdom.
- Experience: At least 1 year of leading a congregation in public worship preferred, though not required, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, perhaps through further training.
- Musical skills: Ability to lead worship while playing the piano preferred. Leading while playing guitar or other instrument would be acceptable, but priority would be given to those who could lead while playing piano.
- Education: At least 1 year of biblical and ministry education at the collegiate level preferred, though not required, with candidates studying worship given priority, though not absolutely necessary.
- Work weekly with the Pastor and Worship Serve Team to create a well-planned and creative worship service.
- To oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service.
- Lead praise band, singers, and congregation in worship at weekly Sunday morning worship.
- Any necessary rehearsals; current a 7:45am rehearsal prior to worship which should be completed before 8:30am.
- To oversee and coordinate the music for singers and instrumentalists, the online schedule and song selection file via Planning Center, and to recommend any purchases related to the worship team.
- To create the weekly lyrics PowerPoint shows for worship.
- To create schedules for Worship teams (vocalists and instrumentalists) and/or assistant Worship Leaders, also using Planning Center.
- Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists as needed. Periodically review all church-owned instruments to make sure that they are in good working order. If anything needs repaired, or to purchase new instruments, such must be approved by the Worship Serve Team.
- Any additional duties as agreed upon by the Worship Leader, Pastor and Worship Serve Team.
- The Worship Leader position falls under the responsibility of the Worship Serve Team, thus we require that the WL attend all Worship Serve Team meetings (first Monday of every odd-numbered month) and/or specially called meetings. The Worship Leader is a voting member of the Worship Serve Team.
- The Worship Serve Team will give the WL an annual evaluation each summer, the results of which will be submitted to the Stewards for salary recommendations.
- Sundays Off: The Worship Leader is given eight Sundays off per year. Our year runs on the EC Church pastoral calendar, July 1 through June 30. The Worship Leader is not permitted to take off Easter Sunday, Worship in the Park Sundays, Christmas Eve, or other Worship services that the Worship Serve Team and Pastor deem of critical importance. If the Worship Leader needs Sundays off, the WL must communicate their schedule with the pastor and the chairperson of the Worship Serve team. The WL should also coordinate volunteers to substitute for the WL.
- If there are any issues or concerns that the WL may have, the WL should consult with the Pastor and/or the Worship Serve Team Chairperson for reconciliation of those items.
- It is possible that this position may change or evolve as time moves on. The Worship Serve Team asks for cooperation as we strive to make our worship services more meaningful and inclusive of all congregants.
- Hours: We expect this position to be a 5-8 hour/week commitment, especially during the first 6-12 months as the WL acclimates to the role. The WL is asked to track hours work and submit them to the treasurer for payment, and to the pastor for informational purposes.
- Compensation: $15/hr
The Top Strategic Goals for this Position:
- To determine a number of ways to open the doors for greater recruitment.
- To lead a weekly practice time for the worship teams, including times of prayer together.
- To cultivate greater community amongst the worship volunteers.
- To help Faith Church better understand and involve themselves in public worship.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your resume, statement of faith, personal testimony, and recording of you leading worship (video preferable) to: Joel Kime 2124 Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster PA, 17602 If you have any questions, or would like to submit materials digitally, please do so at email@example.com. If you would like to learn all about Faith Church, please visit our website: www.findfaithhere.org. Or call us at 717-393-5345 Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you. – The Worship Serve Team of Faith Church