CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR
Worship Leader – Job Description
• An evident heart and love for God and His church
• Membership at Church of the Open Door (or willingness to become a member)
• A heart to shepherd team members
• Ability to sing and lead the body in worship and praise
• Gifted to work with a variety of people to promote unity in the ministry
• Prior experience with leading worship preferred
• Prior experience with technology preferred
• Ability to work well and provide general oversight and training to volunteers on the worship team
• Proactivity in independently identifying and addressing needs and problems as they arise
Reports to: Campus Pastor and Worship Arts Director
Anticipated work time: Up to 15 hours per week.
The Worship Leader – will be responsible for all planning and execution of the worship services and/or events at the assigned venue. It will be this person’s job to recruit, train, and work alongside the musical volunteers of our ministry and lead the overall worship ministry at a particular campus or in a particular venue. He/she will also work very closely with the Campus Pastor to provide the desired environment for worship and will adhere to the standards for musical selection and execution as laid out by the Worship Arts Director.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Show the love of Christ through service at Church of the Open Door.
2. Prepare, rehearse and execute weekly worship services and all other campus events, as needed, in conjunction with the campus Technical Assistant, the worship team and the COD Tech team.
3. Provide shepherding and care of team members in conjunction with Campus Pastor.
4. Assist Worship Arts Director in inventory and keeping chord charts, instruments, staging area and other musical aids organized and presentable.
5. Provide set-up and tear-down assistance as needed for special services/events.
6. Be available, as needed, to assist COD worship teams across all campuses on Sunday mornings or as needed with troubleshooting or questions, including assistance with event needs for special events as needed, i.e: weddings, recitals, funerals, etc.
7. Other duties as assigned.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to: Church of the Open Door 8 Carlisle Court York, PA 17408 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: or Subj: Worship Leader Position