Worship and Family Ministries Pastor
Lakewood, New York, United States
Do you feel called and equipped by God to lead His people in creative expressions of worship? Do you also love children, students, and the families they come from and desire to see them all grow in Christ-likeness? Then check out the opportunity available at Lakewood Baptist Church for a full-time Worship and Family Ministries Pastor! LBC is looking for a man of God who loves to lead worship in song, disciple families, lead leaders, serve on a close-knit staff, and reach out across the street and around the world with the good news of Jesus Christ. For more information on this opportunity, or to apply, visit our church website at www.lakewoodbaptistny.com and click on the “Worship/Family Pastoral Search” tab at the top. There you’ll find a more complete job description (which includes application instructions) and get a small glimpse into the life of our church. Questions can be directed to the Pastoral Search team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a vibrant and maturing faith relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Provide pastoral care and direction to the ministries of worship through the creative arts and family ministries.
- Select music, lead worship team in preparation, and serve as lead worshiper for our Sunday morning worship services and special events.
- Identify and develop fellow creative arts volunteers in the areas of vocal, instrumental, and A/V leadership.
- Recruit, train, and empower the volunteers overseeing LBC’s ministry to children, students, and adults. (the “Leader of leaders”)
- Serve as the Lead Pastor’s associate as availability and ability allows (preaching, discipleship/assimilation, counseling, weddings/funerals).
- Meet qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:13-16 and Titus 1:6-9; 2:7-8.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of full-time pastoral and/or worship leadership or 3 years of significant part-time pastoral and/or worship leadership experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Relational skills in working with church staff, lay leaders, and congregation.
- Have strong organizational, delegation, and communication skills.
- In agreement with the Lakewood Baptist Church Statement of Faith (available upon request).
How to ApplyTo Apply:
- visit www.lakewoodbaptistny.com
- click on the tab, "Worship/Family Pastoral Search" to read the full job description
- while on the site, check out Lakewood Baptist Church and get to know us!
- send a resume and video file (or directions to a video file; Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) of the applicant leading worship to email@example.com
- for questions, contact the Pastoral Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org