Web Developer (TOP 5 EMPLOYER IN PA)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
WebFX is looking for a passionate, efficient Open Source Web Developer.
The Web Developer works to implement multiple web projects for a variety of industry leading clients and complete many smaller to medium size programming responsibilities for existing projects.
Check out our award winning portfolio for the types of projects that you would work on: http://www.WebFX.com/portfolio/. WebFX developers typically work on 25+ projects a year so there is a high level of variety in work and two days are never the same!
Our core platforms are WordPress for CMSs, Mangento for ecommerce, Bootstrap for responsive and Zend for custom development but a number of other platforms and technologies are utilized by the WebFX Dev Team. Training will be provided on all of our core platforms, tools and technologies.
Excellent health, 100% dental, 401K, flex start time, 15 days vacation, matching charity contributions, employee coffee bar, ping pong tournaments, casual dress & many other new media agency perks (See http://www.facebook.com/WebFX/).
Growth Opportunities: WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years and merit based promotional opportunities are abundant for new employees who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
Possible sign on bonus or relocation assistance
Awards: 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania (Ranked #1 for Small/Medium Employers), 2014 Best Places to Work for Millennials in America, 2014 Business of the Year in Central PA, Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in US, etc.
Harrisburg, PA in the Moffitt Mansion
* Coordinating and participating in the programming, implementation, testing, and support of web-based projects using the LAMP solution stack of software
* Programming, developing, and producing data-driven web applications, web sites, and mobile apps using the latest technology solutions and software
* Consulting with clients and the account team to ensure the use of effective Internet-based technologies for enterprise business applications
* Debugging and problem solving across a wide variety of open source and mobile platforms
* Strong experience with PHP5 and MySQL5 is essential
* Solid project-level experience at least one open source CMS platform such as (e.g., WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
* Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies
* Strong knowledge of database design and troubleshooting
* Ability to work well individually and on a team, high concurrency (many projects) and fast paced environment required
A Plus if you Have Experience With:
* Developing custom Web applications
* Open source CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Magento, etc)
* Experience with responsive web design/Bootstrap
* Has worked on multiple e-commerce solutions and is well-versed in e-commerce methodologies and best practices
* CSS Boilerplates and Frameworks
* Chrome developer tools
* E-commerce development
* Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices
* Version control (Git preferred)
* Mobile app/site development
* Previous development firm/agency environment
* Proficiency in working and developing on Linux
* Strong time management skills, can meet deadlines consistently
* Take direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Up-to-date on the latest web technologies
* Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self motivated
* Enjoys solving problems
* Customer-centric mentality
* A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline is preferred.
Experience: 1 – 3 years of Open Source web development
Compensation: $49K to Negotiable (Based on experience & sample projects)
How to ApplyTo apply: Visit www.WebFX.com/jobs to submit a cover letter, resume and sample works.