Warehouse Solutionist and Sales Assistant
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
About Elizabethtown Flooring
With 34 years of flooring experience serving the Elizabethtown, Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Lebanon, Hershey, Mount Joy, and surrounding communities as Carpet Den under the previous owner, Elizabethtown Flooring offers world-class service and the ultimate selection of Flooring, Benjamin Moore Paint, and Window Blinds.
Elizabethtown Flooring is looking for a Warehouse Solutionist. Our Warehouse Solutionist is responsible for warehouse organization, job receivables, and showroom assistance. They are also be required to be accurate in notes, friendly on phone calls, and willing to adapt and be creative – to come alongside our clients to help them with their vision. He/She will be able to work regularly scheduled, normally Monday to Saturday with Wednesdays off (approx. 36-40 hours/week). We are flexible for working time and personal time off given adequate notice.
Honest Trustworthy, willing to admit faults and apologize
Humble Polite, non-defensive, other-focused, & embody a servant-like attitude
Hungry Intellectually curious, never satisfied, always reaching, desire to win
Smart A creative problem-solver, considerate & planning
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, customer service environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, honest.
- Willingness to exceed expectations.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English (a secondary language is a plus).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to regularly lift 10-30 lbs and up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish between various styles, colors, and textures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills (required). Quickbooks, Office experience, and a typing speed of >30wpm preferred.
- Experience in related fields is a plus (home improvement, furniture, electronics, customer service, home furnishings, hospitality, flooring, sales, retail, etc.).
- Keen eye for and interest in design and knowledge of the do-it-yourself industry preferred
- Develop knowledge in all store products and the Elizabethtown Flooring sales process.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service at all engagement opportunities.
- Track store orders, installations, and provide customers with updates on product delivery status.
- Partner with co-workers to assist their customers at times when a customer’s primary sales representative is serving someone else.
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Restock store inventory; ensure pricing is accurately and visibly reflected for each inventory item.
- Develop knowledge in all store operations such as inventory replenishment, point of sales system, opening and closing the store, etc. Make suggestions for store operations improvement.
- Ensure overall store appearance is constantly and consistently maintained by sweeping, cleaning, etc.
- Know and learn innovative and creative retail sales techniques.
- Be willing to travel to vendor training sessions.
- Be willing to assist at store outreach events.
First three months are an evaluation period – if it works out, we’ll continue your employment after an evaluation meeting to assess your growth and abilities
- Staff pricing on merchandise (3-month waiting period)
- Tuition reimbursement for approved design and flooring training events
Elizabethtown Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyWe believe that this is not just a job but an opportunity to grow as a person in many ways. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn. We aspire to living out the values of loving your neighbor, having integrity, and living with joy and not negativity. Please email your resume to email@example.com if you are interested. If you are a student and need to work flexible hours, we are also looking for temp/seasonal help at this time so please apply if interested.