Warehouse Material Handler
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Summary and Objective:
This position is to handle, rack, organize and distribute all products and merchandise in an orderly, safe and careful manner, and maintain a clean and safe work environment throughout the entire warehouse and back stock locations, within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman, Inc.
- Coordinate the continuous in and out flow of merchandise to and from the warehouse locations
- Assist with the loading/unloading of customer merchandise as needed
- Assist co-workers with other responsibilities as needed or requested
- May assist in receiving, shipping, and/or other duties related to the warehouse
- Assist in stocking store shelves as needed
- Customers are provided with quality and dependable service
- A commitment to safety
- Able to operate manlift, forklift and other equipment with safety and competence
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Warehouse operations are conducted in a safe and timely manner
- Zero damage to merchandise
- A respectful, team-oriented work atmosphere
- A well-organized warehouse
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Polite, tactful, & patient
Required Education and Experience:
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Warehouse-related experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, hand tools, forklifts, and manlifts, etc.). This position will consist mostly of walking and working both indoors and outdoors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time; heavy lifting (over 100 lbs), speaking, listening, and seeing; walking; use eyes, hands, finger, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth).
Very little travel is expected for this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online