Volunteer Program Facilitator (Traveling Position)
Middletown, Pennsylvania, United States
Combine your skills and experience with your passion for changing lives!
For over 30 years, Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) has been working to end hunger worldwide. Our passionate team has put FMSC on the Star Tribune Top Workplace list for five years running.
As a Volunteer Program Facilitator you will travel to MobilePack events across the country to facilitate an exceptional volunteer experience while furthering our mission of feeding God’s children hungry in body and spirit. You’ll be scheduled for 2-4 events per month, based on your personal availability. Events typically occur on weekends (Friday-Sunday, or Thursday-Monday). This position is part-time and is based out of our Middletown, PA location, though most of the time you’ll be off-site.
Why you should apply:
- For starters, we’re a fast-growing organization with a high level of ethics and integrity – we’ve been rated 4 out of 4 stars on Charity Navigator for the past 14 years!
- We’re focused on meaningful work. Use your skills to truly make a difference.
- Work alongside compassionate, talented co-workers and have fun along the way. We’re known for having great potlucks, delicious treats, celebrating holidays and birthdays, and finding opportunities to spend time in fellowship.
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance. We care about your well-being.
- Receive great benefits like paid sick time and 401(k) with employer match.
- All work-related travel expenses are covered. We’ll take care of your transportation, hotel and meals.
- Traveling to churches, schools, businesses and other venues throughout the continental United States.
- Providing a top-notch volunteer experience. You’ll build rapport, answer questions and show genuine appreciation. We love our volunteers!
- Orchestrating packing session activities. We’ll count on you to ensure that everything runs smoothly from time management to the flow of people and materials to staying on track with meal production.
- Leading an improvised Christian prayer over the packed meals after each session, inviting volunteers to join in if they’d like. Prayer is an essential part of what we do.
- Operating an industrial powered forklift and pallet jack to organize, load and unload inventory safely (don’t worry, we’ll provide training).
Does this sound like you?
- A commitment to supporting, promoting and authentically communicating FMSC’s Christian mission and goals.
- Top-notch customer service skills and a willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our volunteers.
- Thrives in a team setting: You’re extremely flexible and have a tendency to pitch in and fill in the gaps without being asked.
- A knack for public speaking in a variety of styles (i.e. educating, storytelling, persuading and instructing) and comfortable speaking in front of various sized groups.
- Proven ability to push, pull, lift 30-50 lbs. repeatedly, bend, twist and use hand tools like scissors.
- Fueled by working with large groups and in a fast-paced setting. You have a high degree of energy and stamina to withstand 8+ hour shifts with nearly continual standing and walking.
- A love of traveling by both car and plane with a high level of comfort navigating through travel logistics independently.
Anticipated start date: Aug 5, 2019
Complete the application and upload a cover letter and resume at www.fmsc.org/apply. Please use Internet Explorer and delete your browsing history (specifically your cookies) for improved functioning of the online application. We recognize this is somewhat archaic, but a new system is on the way. Thanks for bearing with us.
How to ApplyComplete the application and upload a cover letter and resume at www.fmsc.org/apply. Please use Internet Explorer and delete your browsing history (specifically your cookies) for improved functioning of the online application. We recognize this is somewhat archaic, but a new system is on the way. Thanks for bearing with us.