Please login/register to apply for this job.
25 Mar 2019
TSS- Therapeutic Staff Support MAY GRAD
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
- Are you graduating in May with a bachelor’s degree in the Human Services field? Join our team and start your career as a Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) with guaranteed full time hours, paid health insurance (or waiver pay), paid time off and paid holidays.
- Starting out as a TSS is a great entry level position in the Human Services field. After you gain a year of experience you can transition into various other positions within the company.
- Helping a child who is non-verbal to master communication of their wants and needs through picture cards, assisting a child who struggles with peer interactions to become more socially engaged or helping a child who is failing his classes to stay focused and complete his school work – it’s all in the day of a BHRS professional! The goal of BHRS is to provide a comprehensive, individualized and behaviorally focused treatment that assists children in discovering their potential in the home, school and community.
- The therapeutic staff support works under the direct supervision of an MT or BSC in the child’s home, school and community to provide the interventions outlined in the child’s treatment plan. General tasks associated with the TSS’s role include collecting data and information about problematic behaviors and the child’s reactions, reinforcing parental roles/responsibilities with the child, helping the child to integrate into activities, helping the child to improve interactional skills with peers and adults, helping the child to deescalate, and helping the child to develop problem solving skills. EOE
- Full time positions offer paid health insurance OR waiver pay of $100 per paycheck if you are enrolled in health insurance elsewhere.
- Company provided tablet for electronic documentation.
- In house training department with training tracks available for career development.
- Dental, vision and disability insurance available.
- 401K option with employer match available after 1 full year of employment.
- Up to 7 1/2 week of Paid Time Off, option to have paid summers off.
- 6 Paid holidays a year.
- Paid time and mileage for all drive time throughout the day.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, education, criminal justice or similar human service field with no previous work experience required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any other field, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents such as a position working directly with children or adolescents in the mental health, mental retardation, early intervention, children and youth, juvenile justice, education, drug and alcohol, and day care or health system.
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance
- PA State Police Criminal History Check
- FBI Criminal Background Check completed through the Department of Human Services
- PA Childline Abuse History Clearance
How to ApplyVisit https://pacounseling.com/application/ to complete an application and submit your resume.