Truck Driver (Non-CDL)
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Summary and Objective:
This position is responsible to safely and efficiently handle and transport products to and from all business entities of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc. This role includes but not limited to functioning as Truck Driver and minor dispatching under specific supervision of the Logistics Manager and as called upon by other managers within the corporation as needed for the common good of the entire organization, and within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc.
- Safe and efficient driving and operating of Licensed Motor Carrier Vehicles and other equipment such as forklift trucks, hoists, shrink wrappers, etc.
- Load and unload the vehicle being operated at any given destination
- Careful handling and transportation of a wide variety of products
- Accommodate and communicate any sudden or last-minute changes
- Carry out and relay information and instructions accurately
- Delegate any responsibility/request to your manager that you feel cannot be carried out by yourself due to your distant location from the situation.
- Prompt & dependable delivery
- Damage-free delivery
- Comply with all DOT regulations
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Must be able to obtain a DOT certification (medical card)
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions safely
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Communication with managers to better achieve efficiency
- A respectful, team-oriented work atmosphere
- Provide excellent customer service
- Able to follow instructions and retain information
- A commitment to safety
- Able to handle the challenges of commercial travel on the highway in various situations and seasons
Required Education and Experience:
- Valid PA license with a good driving history.
- Commercial driving experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Map reading and directional skills
This job operates in a transportation environment. This role routinely uses note the type of equipment such as: standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, hand tools, and forklifts, etc. Regularly starts early or work late as needed and to perform manual labor as directed or called upon, and working outdoors in various weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for extended periods of time; lifting (50 or more pounds); stand, speaking, listening, and seeing; walking; use eyes, hands, finger, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day
Travel during the day can be expected and occasional overnight trips may occur.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online