Tool Department Sales Associate
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Summary and Objective:
To effectively serve customers, co-workers, and fellow Paul B Zimmerman Inc. employees in the Tool Department. To achieve superior customer satisfaction within the values of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc.
- Greet all customers with a smile, while being professional in manner and appearance
- Provide customers with prompt, courteous, and professional service
- Focus on being flexible, adaptable, tailoring your work to fit the needs of others
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the department layout and location of merchandise
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the store layout and location of merchandise
- Ensure good communication with customers, buyers, and managers
- Purposefully follow through on all commitments made to customers, fellow employees, and supervisors
- Assist within merchandising the department
- Ensuring shelves are kept properly stocked, with back stock put away and keeping the aisles clear
- Keeping warehouse clear of shipments, boxes, skids, and packaging materials
- Be readily able to assist customers in finding what they need
- Assist in maintaining neat, orderly shelves, aisles, and work areas
- Assist co-workers with other service responsibilities as needed
- Consistent mobility always be looking for and seeking out customers who need help
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Great people and phone skills
- Committed to excellence
Required Education and Experience:
- Intermediate math skills
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Retail experience
- Experience involving construction or the use of hand and power tools
This job operates in a retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: occasionally lift over 50 pounds, standing for extended periods of time, some heavy lifting, repetitive motions, sitting for extended periods of time, speaking, listening, and seeing, walking, use eyes, hands, finger, and feet, as well as and reaching with hands and arms.
Very little overnight and daytime travel, for this position, is expected.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online