Student Ministry Pastoral Intern
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Intern Hours: 35-40 hours per week
Reports to: Pastor of Student Ministries
Term: 1 year with renewal possibility
Start Date: June, 2019
Salary: $41,600 + health insurance if needed
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Must be at least four years removed from high school; some ministry experience and demonstrated aptitude with children and teenagers; full agreement with Forcey Bible Church Articles of Faith.
Purpose: The purpose of this internship is to provide staffing for Forcey Bible Church’s Mission Possible (summer youth missions) and Forcey 360 (children’s after-school), and support for the church ministry year-round. These ministries will give a seminary-level church leader an array of opportunities to develop practical ministry experience in determination of and preparation for a vocational calling.
Years of Experience: Previous volunteer ministry experience is required.
- During summer months only: Serve as the primary Mission Possible team leader in summer 2019. Mission Possible is a summer-long youth ministry discipleship and training program for high-school aged students.
- Serve as an intern on the Forcey Bible Church pastoral staff, taking on projects as assigned and contributing to the work of the pastoral staff.
- Help oversee the daily operation of Forcey 360 as a primary work focus. Forcey 360 is the before and after-school program of Forcey Christian School. This includes the ministry of hiring, training, and discipling staff, ensuring student needs are met, communicating with parents, and managing a budget.
- Pursue personal ministry growth in various ways under mentorship of FBC pastors.
- Serve as needed within the Forcey Christian School ministry including occasional Bible teaching and chapels.
- Must be seeking to discern the Lord’s call to future vocational ministry.
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and one personal and one ministry reference to Kelly Herndon, Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Assistant to the Pastor of Student Ministries, at Kellyfirstname.lastname@example.org. Once your resume is submitted, you will receive an application to complete. Initial applications will be collected on April 1, 2019. The application process will remain open until a hiring determination is made.