Student Ministry Director
Overall Function: This individual is responsible for overseeing our youth and young adult ministry, discipling and equipping youth and adult volunteers, connecting to the youth and young adult families. It may also include providing care for families.
We are looking for the following four leadership traits:
- A sense of clarity in their call
- Intentional communication with leadership and church community
- Creativity with resources, ideas, growth and vision
- Models consistency throughout their ministry tasks, as well as with our church’s vision and values
We are looking to identify these five qualities of leadership:
- Character: Evidence of personal, spiritual, missional, and emotional life and health
- Chemistry: Exhibits healthy relationships with other leadership
- Capacity: A mature individual who is invested in the tasks at hand, but also allows leadership to speak into their life and work
- Calling: Clearly called to this work, at this time
- Competency: Individuals who are confident in their ability and yet continually pursuing and developing skills
The individual will demonstrate:
- Commitment to following Jesus
- Love for the body of Christ and secular people
- Growth toward our Anabaptist convictions and understanding
- Willingness to become a member of our church community
- Life of spiritual convictions and disciplines grounded in the Bible
Youth Ministry Director responsibilities will include:
Overseeing youth ministry
- Provide vision, organization, strategy, direction and oversight.
- Committed to modeling a culture that incorporates our church’s vision and values.
- Select appropriate curriculum and activities.
- Seek ways to be intentionally involved in the lives of youth, young adults and their parents.
- Nurture a welcoming and learning environment.
- Maintain safe spaces
Communication & Administration
- Communicate and publish all activities through emails, bulletins, church calendar and social media.
- Manage expenses and stay within budget.
Discipling & equipping students and adults that work with them
- Pray for youth and young adults
- Point youth and young adults to Jesus by sharing the Good News with them and inviting them to personally respond to it
- Prepare them for a life-long relationship with Christ and a love for his word, mission and the local church.
- Find opportunities for youth and young adults to use their gifts and talents now by providing fun, adventurous, life-changing and skill-building experiences
- Build on the strength of youth ministries currently led by volunteers
- Invite, train and assign volunteers for youth ministries
- Provide opportunities to build the skills and competencies of volunteers.
Current Activity Structure
- Mid-week Bible study
- Monthly community building activity
- Annual retreat (senior high retreat & junior high retreat)
- Annual mission trip (senior high)
- Rotating trip destinations: international, national, local, youth convention
- Annual trip to Creation Festival (junior high)
- 2-3 Fund Raisers for mission trip & Creation Festival expenses
Qualifications and Expectations
- Some education and/or experience preferred
- Maturing individual with an understanding of healthy boundaries
- Demonstrate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity & confidentiality
- Participate in Staff and Leadership Team meetings
- Consistent participation in Sunday worship gatherings and other faith community events
- Will obtain clearances required by state and federal regulations
Future Growth Areas
Assisting with oversight of children’s ministry
- Provide vision, organization, strategy, direction and oversight
- Select appropriate curriculum and activities
Assisting with the discipleship of children and equipping adults who work with them
- Pray for children and their families
- Find opportunities for children to use their gifts and talents now by providing fun, adventurous, life-changing and skill-building experiences
- Build on the strength of children ministries currently led by volunteers
Connecting to children and youth in the neighborhood
- Find creative ways to bridge our church to children and youth in the surrounding neighborhoods by being intentionally present (going where they are) and getting involved in the life, families, and happenings of the Mountville community
Connecting to the families with school-age children
- Invest in our next generation. Plan events for the family units of school-age children with staff and volunteers that will point them to Jesus and equip them to disciple their families.
- Caring for the family (i.e. hospital visits) as needed
How to ApplyGo to our Indeed link below: https://www.indeedjobs.com/mountville-mennonite-church-2a20b41/_hl/en_US?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLnsfzg9-fxtSqwAgyW72mtU