Student Minister/Worship Leader
Peace Presbyterian Church
Student Minister & Worship Leader
Our Vision: In the next five years, we will pursue spiritual formation so that we will become Good Samaritans to the families in our community, internalizing the gospel to serve our neighborhoods. We will take thousands of people on a journey of a lifetime. This adventure is biblically fueled and missionally focused as we relentlessly pursue God’s dream for our church – to become Good Samaritans to the families in our community. We picture platoons of people putting on the full armor of God so they are equipped to be messengers of mercy. As our discipleship grows, we will see neighborhoods turned upside down by the unexplainable kindness of our members. We see families, their lives parched by our muddled culture, guzzling living water. We see marriages welded together and Moms and Dads unlocking the secrets to being godly parents to a spiritually disaffected generation. We picture schools of teenagers adrift without Christ being thrown the life jacket of Hope. We envision the hunger quotient in our schools diminish as 300 undernourished children laugh while relishing their weekend meals. We imagine this as God’s dream for our church. As hundreds of us renovate our lives through discipleship, we fulfill God’s call to be Good Samaritans, internalizing the good news of the gospel by loving God and others in practical, life-giving ways and transforming our community in the process.
Background: Peace Presbyterian Church is a warm, fun place to work! It’s located just outside Charleston, SC which is rated as one of the top destination cities in America! We are looking for a unique, multi-talented person! The goal of our Student Minister is to cultivate deep relationships with youth while developing, implementing and directing a thriving, well-rounded, Christ-centered program of meaningful and spiritually challenging activities and opportunities for high/middle school youth. This person will develop these opportunities through interactive Bible studies, service/mission projects, worship and fun activities. As the worship leader this individual will lead our contemporary service with a demonstrated ability to tie all the aspects of worship together through music and multi-media and help us enter into the presence of God with joy.
Staff Relationships: This individual reports to both the Pastor as worship leader and to the Minister of Families and Children as Student Minister. S/He is also accountable to the Session (leadership board).
- We are looking for a high energy, creative, committed Christian who knows Jesus as Lord of his/her life and is living in accordance with God’s Word.
- A passion for, and a demonstrated ability to relate to youth (grades 6-12).
- Enthusiastically able to subscribe to and affirm Peace Church’s evangelical doctrine and Statement of Beliefs while being tolerant of diversity within the Christian community.
- Be well grounded in God’s Word.
- Be able to relate to and communicate with a wide range of individuals on a personal level.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- A life which demonstrates emotional maturity.
- A clear sense of God’s calling to this work.
- Undergraduate college degree, preferably in the social sciences, education, bible, music or worship leadership.
- Experience and expertise in developing a youth ministry and leading worship.
- Be knowledgeable about developmentally appropriate material for youth.
- Proven abilities in team building.
Responsibilities for Youth
- Lead, design, implement and evaluate a year-round program for youth that encourages spiritual growth and provides opportunities for discipleship [Bible study].
- Plan, develop and implement a successful program that includes lock-ins, retreats and annual week-long summer mission experience, camps…fun!
- In collaboration with Minister of Families and Children and the Christian Education Committee, select curriculum for programming.
- Develop a personal relationship with youth and their parents by visiting in their homes as appropriate, providing counseling as needed, and generally reaching out to youth by demonstrating sincere interest in them and their concerns.
- Teach the confirmation class (8th grade).
Responsibilities/Qualifications for Worship Leader
- A well developed, biblical view of worship.
- In partnership with others, develop and lead biblically sound, creative, blended and contemporary worship.
- Demonstrated proficiency to sing, play an instrument and lead a band.
- Expertise with creative arts (multi-media) productions and software.
- Familiarity with basic web page design a plus.
We offer a competitive salary as well as pension and medical benefits, four weeks of vacation (four Sundays) and two weeks of continuing education a year.
How to ApplyPlease submit your Cover Page and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org