Sports Marketing Intern
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
The Hershey Bears Marketing Intern is responsible for game day social media monitoring and content collection. In addition to social media responsibilities, you will assist the Marketing Department with a variety of tasks designed to support the execution of the Hershey Bears hockey club.
In this internship, the selected candidate will gain knowledge of proper social media best practices, guest relations, sports reporting best practices, and a exposure to different departments in the industry.
- The length of this internship runs from September 2019-May 2020 and is located at the Giant Center, Hershey PA.
- This internship will be available for 20-25 hours per week with focus on the Hershey Bears game schedule.
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
- Applications will be accepted until August 5th, 2019.
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
- In-person interviews for final candidates will occur around Mid-August
- Capturing social media content during game day for the Hershey Bears social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Monitoring and responding to game day social media content on the Hershey Bears social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Monitoring and approving the user generated content that is captured via our social media collection tool.
- Assist the Marketing Department with preparations for upcoming theme nights for the Hershey Bears Hockey Club. (i.e. – Teddy Bear Toss, Star Wars, Washington Capitals Night, etc)
- Assist the Marketing Department with various aspects of the Coco’s Kids Club to include database maintenance, event planning, monthly newsletter and game day execution.
- Develop and maintain competitive research within the sports industry on special promotions and offers and monitor industry trends.
- Assist as needed with projects to support the Hershey Bears Group Sales, Season Ticket and Communications/Broadcasting departments.
- Assist the Marketing Department with social media reporting for the Hershey Bears channels.
- Assist the Marketing Department as needed during weekday office hours with Hershey Bears game preparation and social media content collection and more.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be a current junior or senior (as of Fall 2019) enrolled in undergraduate education or a recent graduate (as of May 2018) majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Sports Management or related major.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Strong proficiency in all social media platforms.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must possess ability to multi-task
- Skillful in design, video, and photography to help create quality, engaging, and original social media contect.
- Passionate about sports and connecting with fans.
- Normal working schedule will be 20 – 25 hours a week. Hours will primarily focus on game days which regularly include Nights & Weekends. Additionally there will be percentage of flexible weekday hour requirements.
- Position will require the need to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this internship at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Applyhttps://www.hersheyjobs.com/jobs/details.php?req=15426