Service & Repair Technician
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Summary and Objective:
This position will provide quality repair & service of various types of equipment for PaulB LLC within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc.
- Repair and service power tools (i.e. DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee, Stihl, etc.)
- Repair and service air compressors and air tools
- Give customers price quotes for repair and service of tools
- Order repair parts as needed
- Relate to customers and co-workers in a positive, productive and friendly fashion
- Maintain a neat, clean, and consistent work place
- Help load and unload repair items from trucks either at dock or doors
- Answer Tool Repair department phones as needed
- Help at Tool Repair department service counter as needed
- Increased knowledge through online training outlets
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Good decision-making abilities
- Mechanically inclined
- Good problem-solving abilities
Required Education and Experience:
- Basic computer skills required
- Basic to moderate electrical experience when it comes to motors, power tools or other equipment
- Prior customer service experience helpful
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Small engine repair background
- Repair shop experience is a plus
This job operates in a repair shop environment. This role routinely uses hand tools, power tools, forklifts, torches, welders, parts washers and cleaners, and various personal protective equipment such as eye, ear, hand protection. Special work environments or schedules include: minimum of one evening per week and minimum of one Saturday per month.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand for extended periods of time; sit on a stool (as needed), heaving lifting; twisting and turning, repetitive motions; speaking, listening, and seeing; walking; use eyes, hands, finger, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth.
Very little travel is expected for this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online