Senior Sales Clerk
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
At Rawlings our mission is to leverage our brand uniqueness with the unique talents and passions of our employees to inspire players, coaches and parents to wear The Mark of a Pro! If you have a passion for baseball and softball, if want to help young athletes achieve their dreams by using what the Pros wear, we invite you to join our team.
General Overview: Assists with the overall management of the outlet store, handles any issues that may arise daily including supervising employees, and store operations. Uses independent judgment to manage store including any customer service issue that may arise. Ensures guidelines are followed involving safety, customer serve, loss prevention and cash handling policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries keys and alarm code; opens and closes store.
- Upholds Company standards for merchandise presentation.
- Trains new employees on sales techniques and visual standards.
- Provides customer-focused service; assigns daily duties.
- Performs and supervises daily procedures; manages bank deposits.
- Ensures compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention and cash handling procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education Required:
- High School diploma required
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible availability, including weekends and holidays
- Prior experience in retail sales environment required
- Sporting Goods Experience Strongly Preferred
- Retail or related management experience a plus
Working Conditions: General retail store environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift, push and/or move objects weighing 30-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and/or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description.
How to ApplyIf interested, please email Teri Arnold, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at email@example.com.