Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
Position: Senior Pastor
Starting Pay: Total Compensation: $50,000 – $80,000
Based on experience, which includes the following components:
● Basic Compensation (salary; housing, transportation and SECA allowances)
● Protection Benefits (life insurance and 403b retirement plan)
● Ministry-related Expenses (cell phone and professional improvement allowances)
Contact: Pastoral Search Committee
Deadline: 4:00 P.M., December 31 st , 2018
The Senior Pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of
Ambassador Baptist Church; feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. The pastor will
demonstrate full agreement with the Statement of Faith of the church without mental
reservation. His main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to
spiritual needs, and provide biblical leadership for the church.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Accountable To: God and the congregation
Ministry Target: Church and community
Position Is Full-time salary pastoral staff
Position May Be Filled By
Bible college (Bachelor Degree required) / seminary
(96 hour Master’s degree or equivalent desired)
educated, meeting the pastoral qualifications of
1st Timothy 3 and Titus 1
Pastor/Shepherd • Exhortation • Teaching • Preaching
• Evangelism • Administration
Leadership ability • Good communicator • Experience
in teaching and/or preaching • Counseling
Shepherding the saints, equipping them for ministry,
and influencing the community for Christ
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
1. Preparing for and engaging in ministry 40+ hours per week, plus services and
miscellaneous occasions and events.
2. Attending and directing weekly services and special meetings of Ambassador
3. Remaining available for emergency needs of the church body.
4. Supporting a vision for future growth and providing leadership in potential
BIBLICAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PASTOR
1. To prioritize the ministry of prayer and the Word (Acts 6:4).
2. To faithfully preach and teach the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
3. To oversee and shepherd the flock with spiritual instruction and protection (Acts
4. To equip the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:11).
5. Develop/mentor people for future ministries (2 Timothy 2:2)
1. Perform pastoral duties as set forth in the Ambassador Baptist Church constitution.
2. Preach and teach during the regularly scheduled services, as well as additional,
non-regular programs or activities of the church.
3. Administer the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Table.
4. Oversee all services of the church including special services such as weddings and
5. Manage time to be able to nurture, care for, and counsel the congregation.
6. Perform visitation of constituents (members and/or attenders) when they are
hospitalized or need follow-up.
7. Oversee the general administration of the church office and secretaries.
8. Oversee and give direction to the pastoral staff.
9. Meet with and prepare new candidates for membership.
10. Prepare for and direct regularly scheduled deacon and trustee meetings.
11. Oversee the annual election of officers and budget adoption processes.
12. Schedule ample personal/family vacation time (as per agreement) for personal
13. Schedule and attend appropriate conferences and/or classes for spiritual and professional
How to ApplyContact: Pastoral Search Committee email@example.com Deadline: 4:00 P.M., December 31 st , 2018