Senior (Lead) Pastor
Bernards, New Jersey, United States
What Kind of Pastor We Need
Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church: Senior Pastor Position Description
Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church (LCPC), a suburban New Jersey congregation of 700 diverse members within the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), is excited about continually deepening our understanding of God’s word, growing closer in fellowship, and going more confidently into our local community and the larger world to demonstrate His Love.
LCPC is looking for a Senior Pastor to inspire our journey through biblically grounded teaching, supporting and raising up lay leaders, setting a tone of caring for each other, and overseeing the work of those who manage the administrative elements of our congregation.
LCPC is looking for a Senior Pastor who will be accountable to and work with the Session to ensure all aspects of the ministry are healthy and properly aligned to accomplish the mission of LCPC through the following activities.
- Prepare and preach at weekly worship services in traditional and contemporary styles with an accurate, culturally relevant, multi-generational presentation of the gospel in a practical, spiritually and intellectually compelling manner to future, new, and mature believers.
- Support and occasionally teach Bible study and other programs directed at spiritual growth and practices.
- Communicate a Kingdom mindset to the congregation and challenge them to deepening maturity in Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate further development and implementation of the existing three-year strategic plan across all generations.
- Mobilize staff, committees and volunteers at all levels to stimulate church growth and expand LCPC’s outreach into the community.
- Support ongoing development and training of lay leaders, including Session members
- Model and nurture a genuine sense of fellowship (koinonia) within the congregation, staff and leadership
- Equip the body to anticipate and lovingly meet the needs of each other whether pastoral, spiritual, material, or emotional
- Radiate a loving attitude to and for our local community
- Encourage and ensure the proper supervision and development of all staff
- Monitor the health of the church’s finances, property and systems, with the support of appropriate staff and teams
- A master’s degree or higher with an emphasis in biblical and/or theological studies from an accredited academic institution
- Commitment to the ECO Essential Tenets & Confessional Standards
- At least five years of experience leading in a similarly sized church preferred
How to Apply
- To apply, please email the following to Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume and other work history
- At least two (2) teaching samples (audio or video)
- At least four (4) professional references