The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
- Performs all clerical functions for the Sales Department
- Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
- Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources
- Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems
- Prepares forms and reports
- Monitors inventory
- Maintains files and other business records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High School diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please visit Nexstar Careers.