Residential – Direct Support Professional
Definition and Basic Function: Will be involved in the general supervision, care and activities of the individuals in the home and / or the community in keeping with the overall vision and mission of Jessica & Friends Community.
- Provide age and functionality appropriate program activities that include assistance, training, and support for the acquisition of functional skills, personal needs, communication, and personal adjustment.
- Implement goal plans as directed and assist in developing goal plans.
- Direct communication of important information to supervisory staff.
- Correctly and accurately record individual’s activities and progress on case notes, goal plans, behavior plans, community outings sheets, and other forms as required..
- Provide individuals with opportunities for community integration.
- Assist individuals with purchasing and maintenance of funds.
Food and Housekeeping
- Assist the individuals in food preparation and in kitchen duties, teaching appropriate skills.
- Prepare meals following nutritional requirements and using proper food storage guidelines.
- Assist and monitor with eating and follow eating plans e.g., choking.
- Assist the individuals in room care and general house cleaning, teaching appropriate skills.
- Complete assigned housekeeping tasks.
- Report medical observations and concerns to the House Manager and Lead Staff
- Document seizures, menses, incidents, etc. on appropriate forms.
- After becoming trained in medication administration, administer medications to the individuals as prescribed.
- Prepare medication for therapeutic leave: complete the form and have the person receiving the medication to take home sign the form.
- Encourage individuals to follow doctor recommendations regarding healthy choices and wellness
- Run scheduled medical appointments as needed.
Assist individuals with personal care and supervision, as outlined in their Individual Support Plan, which may include, but not limited to:
- eating meals
- Transport individuals to and from activities and other programs, using Jessica & Friends Community vehicles or personal vehicle if necessary..
- Supervise general group activities for the individuals.
- Handle emergencies based on organizational protocols.
- Communicate with House Manager, Lead Staff, and other staff through the staff book.
- Maintain the general upkeep of the home.
- Assist with maintenance of agency vehicles.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training as scheduled and / or review / read the minutes of those meetings.
- Participate in at least twenty-four hours of training annually as required by the regulations.
- Full-time staff will be scheduled for four (4) weekend days a month. Days are determined by the needs of the individuals and the house schedule.
- All other duties to be assigned.
Work Schedule: The usual weekday hours may range from 6:00-9:00 a.m. and 2:00-11:00 p.m. Schedules may include overnight (sleep /semi-sleep). Weekend and holiday work is also required as scheduled.
Job Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED. At least two years of human services experience can be substituted for the high school diploma or GED. Additional education and / or experience in human services is preferred. Must also have a valid driver’s license. Must have at least two years of driving experience to transport individuals to and from activities, appointments, and workshops, using Jessica & Friends Community vehicles. Must submit to a criminal background check, a driver’s record check, an initial physical, and a substance screening.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jandfcommunity.mitcawm.com/jobs/300975-110131.html