Residential Community Life Associate (Women Center)
New York, New York, United States
The Bowery Mission is a holistic, faith-based organization dedicated to serving people who are experiencing homelessness. The Community Life team oversees all residential programming for men and women, including emergency and short-term shelters, long-term residences and transitional housing.
The Community Life Associate helps to create a safe and positive environment that equips Women for independent living. The Associate takes a relational approach in supporting clients in day-to-day schedules and goals.
Responsibilities include: Welcoming and orienting residents and volunteers, modeling and coaching independent living skills, promoting healthy communication, overseeing schedules, ensuring safety by conducting hourly rounds and scheduled fire drills, submitting timely progress and incident reports, and working collaboratively with Community Life and Shared Services teams. .
On site housing required for compliance to provide after hours on-call support and emergency back-up to overnight staff, building, and residents. Housing to include: onsite meals, a bed in a private or semi-private room, and a shared bath.
Reports to: Associate Director, Community Life
- Embraces the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Highly relational with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocol and provide accountability
- Growing understanding and application of trauma-informed care
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Computer & email proficiency
- Certified in Fire Safety (F-80 or F-02)
- Certified in CPR
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified in NCI – Non Crisis Intervention
How to ApplyTo apply: https://bowery.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=95