Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
Psychiatric Assistant – 2nd & 3rd Shift
Is this what you want in your next career?
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people who are hurting
- Work with team of professionals fully committed to a high standard of excellence in providing care for clients with mental health disorders
- Provide care to adults with pervasive mental illness in a psychiatric inpatient unit.
- An employer who supports professional development, continuing education and provides advancement opportunities
- A Fulltime position with comprehensive benefits – working in the mental health field
One of the region’s leading providers of mental and behavioral health care services is looking for Psychiatric Technicians to work with individuals at a psychiatric inpatient facility. Current openings are for 2nd and 3rd shift with full-time hours available. This career opportunity provides valuable training and experience for someone looking to further their career in the mental health field.
About our Psychiatric Technician position…
- The Psychiatric Technician works in one of the Inpatient units in direct client care.
- Cares for clients in crisis or involuntary commitments for observation with an extended length of stay.
- Builds a therapeutic relationship & maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Works as a part of a treatment team and assists in implementing treatment plans, as well as giving feedback to improve the treatment process.
- Assists in leading group and individual counseling, daily living requirements, and helps to direct activities.
- Cross trains in each unit
Psychiatric Assistant Requirements….
- Compassionate approach to working with people struggling with mental illness
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health services field is preferred (Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Counseling, etc.)
- Some college courses with prior training and/or experience in behavioral health care will also be considered.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions and a reasonably good driving record for the last three years.
- Available to work every other weekend
- FT & PT positions available
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation ($13.65/hr for 2nd & 3rd Shift)
- Health, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Retirement with a generous match
- 19 days of PTO & 7 paid holidays
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement for related college level coursework
- Opportunity to attend trainings for professional development
- Advancement opportunities as you further develop your skills and education in the mental health field
How to Apply*To Apply *To be considered for a Psychiatric Technician position, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format. This is an excellent position for someone who wants to build a career in the mental health field.