Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, United States
- Are you someone with vision, energy, a vital relationship with Jesus, and a passion for ministry?
- Are you excited to reach kids for Christ?
- Do you have a commitment to disciple them and empower others to do the same?
- Does the mission to Love God, Share Christ, and Serve the World motivate you?
- Do you enjoy working with an energetic team, training leaders and casting vision?
If so, we would like to hear from you. EBIC (Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ (BIC) Church) seeks an enthusiastic, multitasking leader with child-like faith for this ministry position.
About the Ministry
The EBIC Kidz Ministry (ages: birth to grade 3) consists of Sunday morning activities, including nursery, Sunday School, and KidzTime during our two identical worship services; Wednesday evening discipleship programs; and a Kids’ Playhouse pre-school ministry. In recent years these ministries have grown under solid, healthy, volunteer and staff leadership, and we look forward to the bright future before us. As part of the overall staff team there will be opportunities for the Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry to contribute to various other ministry areas as well, depending on the gifting and abilities of the individual hired.
Who Should Apply?
First and foremost, the successful candidate will have a vibrant faith and be someone who believes Jesus is the only way of salvation. While we will notice the type of college or seminary degree candidates may have, we are equally as interested in ministry strengths and abilities. Ministry experience is helpful, yet we are open to those in the early stages of ministry. Some key characteristics of the successful candidate will be that they:
- Enjoy relating with children from diverse backgrounds, and their parents/guardians.
- Have a “doing ministry through others” approach that focuses on mobilizing and equipping volunteers to serve and lead.
- Easily prioritize, organize, and manage details.
- Support the overall ministry of the church, bringing other strengths to the broader church ministry (such as outreach, discipleship, teaching, etc.) and a positive presence to the staff team.
- Affirm the core values of the Brethren in Christ U.S.
How to ApplyTo apply Please forward a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email Subject Line: Children's Ministry Director Search Some candidates who apply will be asked for further information. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.