Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, United States
Who Are We?
Wellsboro Bible Church exists to glorify God through obedience to His Word, devotion to His body, and engagement in His mission. We are a growing congregation located in scenic Wellsboro, PA. Our vision is to see disciples of Christ in healthy churches around the world. To this end, we seek to saturate our area, nation, and the world so that every man, woman, and child has repeated opportunities to hear and respond to the gospel.
Why Commit to a Pastoral Residency?
Our pastoral residency program offers an opportunity to equip and help men discern the call to serve as pastor in a local church by inviting them to join us “in the trenches.” A pastoral resident at Wellsboro Bible Church will gain invaluable experience through careful study, intensive discipleship, and first-hand ministry experience.
Key areas you can expect to grow in:
Conviction – your knowledge of God and understanding of the Bible.
Character – godly character and life that accords with sound doctrine.
Competency – the ability to prayerfully speak God’s Word to others in a variety of contexts and situations.
Personal development takes place as you walk alongside other Christians in the local church, imitate their way of life, engage in intentional discipleship relationships, study, and receive oversight from the elders.
You will leave with experience, insight, and applicable knowledge in:
- Pastoral Leadership/Oversight
- Church polity
Structure & Work
A typical residency lasts 5 months and includes the following:
- Completing a rigorous list of reading and writing assignments
- Attendance at all staff, elder, and member meetings
- Participation in all public services of the church: weddings, funerals, and any other event
- One-on-one meetings with elders and staff
- Serving as an resident by carrying out the various tasks assigned to you
- Exposure to a range of ministries, including but not limited to:
- Small Groups
- CORE Courses
- Children’s ministry
- Student ministry
- Participation in monthly Equip gatherings with area pastors
An resident will:
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Timely submit weekly writing assignments (2-3 papers per week)
- On time and engaged during all events and meetings
- Regularly communicate with elders and staff
- Relocate to Wellsboro for the tenure of the internship
- A member at WBC during residency
- Active participant in the body of Christ
Housing and $500 monthly stipend.
How to Apply
Who is Eligible?
Any man who is a baptized believer, desires to explore pastoral ministry while gaining both theological and practical knowledge, meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, and affirms Wellsboro Bible Church’s Statement of Faith is invited to apply.
Wellsboro Bible Church Statement of Faith - https://www.wellsborobible.com/our-beliefs/
Follow this link to apply: https://wbc.breezechms.com/form/wbcresidency
Start and End dates will be determined based on the availability of the resident in conjunction with the schedule of the church. Residents who need additional income to cover their expenses or prefer to rent their own home will need to raise outside support. If needed a church computer is available.
Email Joshua MacClaren, Pastoral Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org