Pawling, New York, United States
Journey of Hope Fellowship
PO Box 308
2 Lakeside Drive
Pawling, NY 12564
PASTORAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
After prayerful consideration, we believe that Journey of Hope Fellowship’s pastor will display the characteristics described below and meet the requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7. While we are inflexible on the Biblical requirements, all other elements of this profile indicate preferences which we will bring to bear upon our prayerful consideration of any applicants who demonstrate a sincere interest in serving God faithfully in service to our local congregation.
Experience working in church or parachurch ministry under an established leader.
Graduate or undergraduate study of the Bible and its application. Masters of Divinity degree preferred.
Preaching, pastoral care, teaching, counseling, evangelism/missions, leadership, administration
The lead pastor will model the purpose of Journey of Hope Fellowship to reach the Town of Pawling and surrounding area for Jesus Christ. The lead pastor will be an articulate advocate and communicator of the vision of God’s Church, for the Glory of God. This person will be the primary leader, teacher, and framer of the church’s vision. He will have a broad responsibility for the spiritual growth and life of the church in all areas including discipleship, evangelism, and equipping the congregation for service. The lead pastor is to embody the essence of a shepherd and a servant leader.
In addition, the lead pastor will:
- Have a vital walk with Jesus Christ evidenced by faithfulness, passion and appreciation for God’s glorious grace.
- Have a gift and a passion for preaching the eternal, inerrant, and unalterable Word of God as revealed in the Old and New Testaments.
- Practice personal one-on-one evangelism and discipleship and be committed to equipping others to do the same.
- Be committed to small groups as a key strategy for church growth and discipleship.
- Display an understanding of church strategy and vision which reflects the context of our local community.
- Be an authentic communicator, easy to understand and down-to-earth.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to share with others in a large group setting and one-on-one from his heart and life.
- Display a track record of integrity, leadership, and professionalism and serve as a model of Gospel-driven productivity.
- The lead pastor’s family should be supportive of God’s call on his life.
- The successful candidate is expected to relocate so as to reside within the community of the church.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org