Vintondale, Pennsylvania, United States
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
MAIN STREET, BOX 485
VINTONDALE, PA 15961
April 13, 2019
Recently our Pastor has retired and we are looking for a Good Shepherd who will continue the work here in Vintondale, Pennsylvania. First Baptist Church is an Independent Baptist Church, located in the small town of Vintondale, a rural community in Central Pennsylvania. Our church has been a beacon in the community for over 100 years. In years past, we have partnered with another Independent Baptist Church but primarily have supported our own Pastor.
Candidates interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to the above address or E-mail. For any questions, please call the church office at 814-749-7102 and leave a message. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.
Please be in prayer with us as we complete the awesome task before us.
First Baptist Church
Pastor Job Description
Job Title: Pastor
Reports To: Joint Board – Deacons/Trustees
Purpose: The Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for using his skills in administrative leadership, for engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the church and in the community, and to act as the chief administrator of the ministerial and vocational staff. He must be in total agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of First Baptist Church of Vintondale.
- Set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
- Maintain a regular program of study to enable him to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
- Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances; lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
- Visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
- Supervise other members of the church staff according to staff organization,
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
- Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved; lead the membership in soul-winning training.
- Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
- Serve as chairman of the Church Leadership Team in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the total church program.
- Act as moderator for church business meetings.
How to ApplyCandidates interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Box 485 Vintondale PA. 15961 or E-mail to FBCV@yahoo.com. For any questions, please call the church office at 814-749-7102 and leave a message. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.