Part-Time Youth Director
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
Chesterbrook Taiwanese Presbyterian Church seeks a part-time youth director (17 hours / week) to reach out and minister to the youth (6th grade through college). This position will minister to the youth with the goal of helping them in fostering personal relationships with Christ using Biblical principle and encouraging them to have fellowship with peers and having a heart to serve the church and the greater community. This position will work mainly on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings with a flexible weekday and Saturday schedule to accommodate possible planned events, outings, activities, and volunteer opportunities.
Position’s Principal Focus:
The Youth Director’s role involves three main areas of focus:
- Teaching God’s word and the Gospel to the youth of CTPC, with a focus on 6th grade through 12th grade students, and outreach and caring for college students
- Disciplining students to experience God and apply Gospel truths to their daily lives, enjoying fellowship, and building relationships with parents and other members of the church and community
- Performing administration of the youth ministry through working with the Elders and Deacons, coordinating volunteers, and planning
Specific Responsibilities :
- Under the leadership of the Session and working in cooperation with the English Ministry pastor, lead the creation and execution of the vision for the youth group curriculum and activities/events for the trajectory of the term.
- Primary teacher for Friday youth group gatherings (8PM – 10PM) and Sunday School (10AM-11:30AM).
- Offer spiritual and emotional care to youth through friendship and mentorship.
- Recruit, train, and maintain an ongoing base of carefully chosen adult volunteers for service.
- Coordinate with volunteers to arrange youth group gatherings, which include worship, icebreakers, activities, bible study, small groups, volunteer opportunities, outside fellowship and bonding activities, etc..; non-Friday/Sunday activities should average once a month.
- Build relationships and programming for parents to encourage the development of a network of spiritually mature adults for each youth and to encourage increased communication. (ie: hold quarterly parent / teacher / volunteer meetings)
- Mentor and build up student leaders so they can mature in Christ through service.
- Compile and send weekly newsletter containing news, updates, and announcements.
- Plan joint events with outside parties like other churches, volunteer organizations, and other ministries within the church.
- Ensure the purchase and organization of necessary office and activity supplies.
- Responsible and reports to the Session (responsible for Youth Director annual performance review)
- The candidate must hold to Reformed/Evangelical doctrine and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to the Word of God as written in the Bible
- Passionate about youth outreach and have the ability to share one’s faith to effectively reach the spiritual hearts of youth
- Ability to lead with maturity and have willingness and skills to reach out to youth, both Christians and non-Christians, on an individual and small-group based
- Motivated and self-disciplined, with strong administrative and time management abilities
- College counseling degree or Seminary degree preferred
- Experience of at least 1 year full time youth ministry at one church is preferred
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Mandarin via verbal and listening is a plus
- The candidate will be expected to adhere to the church’s constitution and confessions
Effective Salary: $21,648 per year, with expected 17 hour average work week
Please note that additional training can and will be provided, if requested, in order to better perform youth director duties, and the church will reimburse this along with travel and lodging.
Name: Hui Hung
How to ApplyContact Information: Name: Hui Hung Email: email@example.com