Part-Time Resident Assistant
Position Title Part-Time Resident Assistant
Schedule Weekend over-night duty (Friday and Saturday) twice a month (2nd and 4th weekend) 9 PM-7 AM
Reports to Home Director
Compensation $10.75/hour for active hours (9 PM – 12 AM)
$3/hour for inactive/on call hours (12 AM – 7 AM)
Location Bowie, Maryland
Gabriel Network is a pro-life Christian ministry whose mission is to embrace every vulnerable mother and child in Christ’s love and the care of his people. Gabriel Network empowers a committed network of Christian churches to “adopt” pregnant mothers and families in need by providing support through pregnancy and beyond. It realizes this mission through three programs: a help line, church-based ministry, and housing ministry. Gabriel Network’s Housing Ministry provides drug and alcohol-free transitional maternity housing and programming for pregnant mothers.
The Resident Assistant is responsible for over-night duties in the home, including enforcing curfew and general house rules. The Resident Assistant has an important role in encouraging a positive, nurturing, and welcoming home culture.
• Enforce evening security and curfew.
• Enforce basic house rules to preserve peace and home culture.
• Ministry and encouragement responsibilities as directed by the Home Director.
• Basic facility management.
• Be open to engaging in friendly, Christ-centered relationships with the client mothers.
• Maintain open lines of communication with clients, life coach, counselor, angel friends and other volunteers as
• Alert supervisor and housing team as appropriate of any immediate issues that need to be addressed that
jeopardize the safety of the client moms and/or the home in general.
• Provide ideas to the Home Director for future community ministry, partnership and outreach opportunities.
1. High school education or GED required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred, with degrees in social work,
counseling, pastoral ministry, or similar field strongly preferred. Can be currently in school.
2. Demonstrated responsibility in a professional or volunteer environment.
3. Direct experience with ministry positions, working with women with crisis pregnancies, adult CPR, first aid, and
infant CPR are a plus.
How to ApplyInterested applicants should submit their resumes and a cover letter explaining their qualifications and dedication to Gabriel Network’s mission to email@example.com. They may also call 800-264-3565 x.301 for more information. References will be requested after the completion of an interview.