Part-Time Content Developer
Summary: Use your verbal and visual storytelling skills to help communicate Water Street’s compelling messages of transformational programs and people to our Lancaster County community.
FLSA: Part-Time – Non-Exempt
The Content Developer must be:
- Willing to sign the Water Street Mission’s (WSM) Statement of Faith
- A current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local church.
- Able to fully support Water Street Mission’s core values and ministry philosophy.
- Support WSM communication efforts through the ongoing production of text, image and video content as needed. Communicate the brand in visual and verbal messages that are consistent across all print and electronic mediums.
- Create content to generate interest in volunteering, donating, or partnering with Water Street – encouraging and serving both our guests, as well as those who are exposed to the content.
- Proofread and edit content produced by other members of the team as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments to create and develop innovative content ideas.
- Interview staff, volunteers, guests, donors and community partners, as needed, to develop stories.
- Responsible, as needed, for in-house photographic (and video) assignments in support of projects. Curate and manage photo library/data file to be accessible to approved staff.
- Make ongoing content revisions and improvements based on analytics and supervisory direction.
- Complete a reasonable volume of work, in standard industry timeframes, as assigned by supervisor.
- Function as a member of the Advancement Team.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field.
- Microsoft Office software experience is essential (Word and Powerpoint – Excel is a plus)
- Light Digital photo and video experience is an advantage
- On-page SEO understanding is an advantage
- Experience working with multiple projects and balancing schedules (project management skills)
- Well-developed independent time management and organizational skills
- Functions well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a larger team
- Ability to build consensus working on multiple projects
- Demonstrates creative and technical skills
- The ability to readily learn and use a variety of online SaaS products like Mail Chimp, EventBrite, and Prezi (when needed) is extremely desirable.
Supervisor: Director of Marketing
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. This position may require availability to support Development Team events outside of a regular work schedule.
Christian Life: As an employee of Water Street Mission, you are an important member of a Christian Missionary organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required from time to time to participate in chapel services, outreach ministries, or counseling sessions. Because of the nature of these types of ministries it is an absolute necessity that you possess and maintain a testimony or lifestyle that is above reproach. What you do on your own time may seriously affect your ability to perform these types of ministries, which are an important part of your job.
How to ApplyTo submit a resume and cover letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.