Outside Sales Representative
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
Summary and Objective:
This position is responsible to create, maintain and grow customer relationships within PBZ LLC and Keystone Koating LLC. This will include regular customer visitation with existing clients and meeting with potential clients within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman, Inc.
- Ensure that customers needs are cared for with a high degree of professionalism
- Develop a healthy relationship with the customer through personal visits, e-mails and phone conversations
- Assist in creating acceptable solutions for both the client and company and clearly communicate with both parties.
- Effectively document communication and feedback to equip others to serve the customer well
- Assist in working with the team to find ways to create maximum value for the customer
- Ability to adapt/respond appropriately and professionally in different types of customer situations including times of customer frustration
- Work with the team to assess any issues that arise
- Participate in customer pricing structure as needed or requested
- Meet with customers and team members regarding new opportunities and ensure project quotes are completed in a timely manner. Once new projects are underway, work with appropriate team members to ensure the project runs smoothly and the customer is satisfied with the end product.
- Watch for areas of opportunity with existing client through offering additional services
- Present services and abilities to potential clients through cold calls and networking
- Identify potential business partnerships with other clients
- Promote services through trade shows as directed by Sales Manager
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Self-motivated yet able to be a team player
- Trusting, professional, transparent & able to serve both fellow team members and customers
- Intentionally care about the customer and their needs
- Strong networking abilities
- Proper phone and e-mail etiquette
- Basic math skills
- Ability to be calm and patient in the most challenging of situations
- Good time management
- Ability to handle multiple projects and communications at a time
- Positive attitude of customers and team members at all times
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid PA drivers license
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B sales experience
- Basic computer skills such as typing and using Microsoft Office suite
This job operates from a vehicle and office setting as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and hand tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and drive for extended periods of time; speaking, listening, and seeing; walking; using eyes, hands, fingers, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth. This position will require entering customers manufacturing facilities which will require walking in areas which may or may not be ADA compliant.
Daily travel is expected with a variety of distances. Periodic overnight travel will be required to attend trade shoes or visit customers. Travel may need to occur in inclement weather.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online