Rainbow’s End exists to reach local youth in Christian love; impacting them for life. Located in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, the center and its staff seek to encourage, develop, and equip our youth to experience Godly wholeness by: Praying, Sharing Christ, Teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised recreation. This is all accomplished though the partnerships of local churches, businesses and individuals.
The Office Assistant is a year round position that will provide support and leadership to various aspects of the office and administrative facets of the ministry. They will work to achieve the mission and vision of Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) through creating positive experiences for visitors at the youth center and through effective and excellent administrative work. The Office Assistant will also work alongside the other staff members and volunteers while reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Responsibilities and Commitments
- Foster a motivational, collaborative, and innovative work and ministry environment
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system and recording information.
- Greeting clients and visitors.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by scheduling meetings, appointments and booking accommodations and reservations needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Updating the youth center website and social media pages as directed.
- Maintaining supply inventory and office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- The Office Assistant will work approximately 20-25 morning and early afternoon hours each week from Monday through Friday. This is an hourly position with no additional benefits.
- Personal commitment and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of REYS
- High school diploma or associate’s degree.
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Self-motivated and adaptable; well organized to select priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license.
Hourly rate: Varies based on qualification and experience.
How to ApplyApplication Process (Please note what job you are applying for when submitting information) Applicants should submit the REYS Employment Application with resume, cover letter and supporting documents to: Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) Attn: Joel Hughes 105 Fairview St. Mount Joy PA 17552 email@example.com 717-653-9511