Ministry Group Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-time, hourly, at will Position Available: 1-1-19
Compensation: $15-20 per hour, typically 24 hours/week
Benefits: Two weeks of paid vacation per year. Five paid holidays per year taken flexibly.
General Description of Responsibilities
The Ministry Group Coordinator is a part-time position in professional ministry entrusted with responsibilities to develop and guide ministry groups for children, youth and adults at Good News Church. Good News Church is an intergenerational church with an average weekly attendance of 82. There is currently one children’s ministry hour that subdivides into a younger group and an older group, two youth ministry groups (middle school and high school), a young adult connect group, and four other adult groups. The primary responsibility of this position, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, is to mobilize and empower ministry groups that make disciples of Jesus.
We will know when we are succeeding in this developmental endeavor as:
- Additional trained volunteers join the Children and Youth Ministry Teams.
- Additional ministries are developed for children and youth (nursery, more children’s special events, youth group activities, etc.)
- Additional adult groups are empowered to provide a place for connection and ministry for an increasing number of adults
- Teachers and group leaders have good curriculum and group leadership materials to use
- Capable volunteer leaders can develop their ministry groups with support from the Ministry Group Coordinator
Specific Duties Include:
- Pray and search the Scriptures so that all the work of this position reflects right theology, obedience to Jesus and the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
- Participate in regular supervisory and team meetings.
- Attend and participate in the life of Good News Church – in worship, fellowship and service.
- Develop empowered teams of teachers and helpers to lead group ministry.
- Serve as a teacher and/or group leader whenever necessary.
The Ministry Group Coordinator will have: (1) personal faith in Jesus Christ, living in harmony with the teachings of the Bible as taught by Good News Free Methodist Church; (2) commitment to the Great Commission recorded in Matthew 28:18-20; (3) essential agreement with doctrine and purpose of the Good News Church; (4) understanding of the typical structure/function of a local church ministry; (5) an ability to build relationships with children, youth and adults from various backgrounds and levels of spiritual commitment; (6) good organizational skills including the ability to establish and implement goal-directed processes; (7) good personal communication skills; (8) good writing skills; (9) the ability to effectively teach and lead different age-groups; (10) the ability to develop curriculum plans and find usable teaching materials; (11) the capacity to teach and mentor willing volunteers who need to be trained in effective teaching methods, people skills, and group leaders; and, (12) a degree from an evangelical college or equivalent experience in Christian Education/Children, Family and Group Ministry.
Supervision and Evaluation
The Leadership Team of Good News Church hires the Ministry Group Coordinator upon recommendation from the pastoral team. The Senior Pastor provides direct supervision. The Senior Pastor will conduct a performance review 30 days after employment begins, and thereafter at periodic intervals.
How to ApplyInquiries to: email@example.com – attn: Pastor Al Sones