Master’s Level Internship- Family Therapist
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
We are offering limited clinical training opportunities as practicum, internship, or field placement options for various educational institutions. We are looking for students who are enrolled in a Master’s degree program and want to gain experience in a family therapy setting. This would be considered a full time position with the opportunity to stay after your internship is completed.
Individuals would be working a part of a two person team providing Family Based Mental Health Services to families. In the Family Based program, we engage families and their natural supports as the solution to helping a child who is struggling emotionally or behaviorally. Our services are intensive in nature assisting the family in meeting basic needs, effectively handling crisis situations, strengthening attachment and positive interactions between all family members, growing the child’s resiliency and developing a family structure that meets the needs of the child. All of these efforts reduce the child’s risky behaviors and allow the parent to care for their child in the home with confidence.
The Family Based Mental Health Worker provides Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy to a caseload of 6 to 8 families in partnership with their team mate who is a Master’s level Mental Health Professional. In addition to providing therapeutic interventions, the MHW also supports the client families through crisis response and case management activities.
Each team meets weekly in group and team supervision to consult on their cases, grow their skills and receive general clinical support from their supervisors.
Additional support comes from a PCS provided 3 year training program that educates staff on the clinical model and ensures that therapists develop competency in delivery of that model. At the end of the training program MHWs can choose to take the State Family Based Exam which if passed can qualify them promotion to the position of MHP.
The MHW is also responsible for maintaining their clinical paperwork and delivering the Family Based Service in compliance with clinical and administrative expectations.
This program is based in the family home setting and allows students to experience the culture, expectations and environment of the Family Based setting. Our therapists and clinical supervisors advise and collaborate with clinical trainees to support the growth of the student. We believe that people are valuable, and we exist to help children, adults and families discover their greatness. EOE
- Full time positions offer paid health insurance or waiver pay if you are enrolled in health insurance elsewhere.
- Dental, vision and disability insurance available.
- 401K option with employer match available after 1 full year of employment.
- Paid time off benefits.
- Paid holidays.
- Must be enrolled in a human services master’s program
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, psychology, sociology, social work, nursing, rehabilitation, pre-med, theology, anthropology
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working with children and/or families in a CASSP related program (volunteer and internships count toward experience)
- Ability to transport clients in your car (Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and car insurance)
- Ability to provide services in a variety of locations (home, school &community)
- Ability to be “on call” on a rotating schedule
- Pennsylvania State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance through the Department of Human Services
How to ApplyVisit https://pacounseling.com/application/ to complete an application and submit your resume.