Management Trainee Program – Commercial Sales Focus (PA Area)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
The Management Trainee Program provides comprehensive exposure to the banking and financial services industry, supporting Fulton’s Commercial Banking & Lending business, while offering a tailored experience unique to each Management Trainee (MT). Under moderate supervision from the MT Program Manager and/or Rotation Manager, the Trainee is responsible for observing policies and procedures to acquire a working knowledge of all aspects of the Corporation’s operation and services. The Management Trainee program may require travel to various locations dependent upon the department rotation, work schedule, and business need. When necessary, travel (20% – 40% depending on assignment) and hours worked may vary.
The Commercial Management Trainee is a contributing member of the Management Trainee Program, but has joined the program with a commitment to the Commercial Business Line. Throughout the entire Management Trainee-Commercial program, the trainee will be a member of the MT Class, attend all Management Trainee meetings, volunteer activities, retreats, special events, etc., and be held to the same measurable standards as any other trainee to promote a sense of belonging and stability.
The Commercial Management Trainee will experience formal in-market and corporate-based training over an 18-24 month period. The first four (4) to six (6) months of the program is conducted at Fulton’s Headquarters in Lancaster, PA with housing provided. After successful completion of the first four (4) to six (6) months, the MT returns/relocates to their assigned region and is managed directly by their assigned in-market manager for the remainder of the program.
Fulton’s Management Trainee Program with a Commercial Focus offers:
- Rotational training where you’ll progress through various areas of the organization, engaging with diverse teams, leaders, and departments.
- Mentorship that will encourage a feedback-rich environment in order to sharpen your professional edge, grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and advance your career
- Professional Development that will provide you with formal learning and development opportunities designed to empower and encourage continuous learning and career growth.
- Involvement & Initiatives where you will establish connections throughout the organization, support our communities, and live the culture in order to change lives for the better.
- Career Advancement: After successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to be considered for a professional position supporting Fulton’s Commercial Banking & Lending business.
Positions will begin in Summer 2020 in June or July.
Various work locations are available throughout Fulton’s Pennsylvania Market: Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, Philadelphia, West Chester, Wyomissing, Yardley and York.
- Although this position provides initial training at Fulton’s Corporate Headquarters, you will be expected to work on-site, in-market, in one of the locations listed above after the initial 6 month training period.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (dependent on work volume/rotation).
- Performs assigned duties in department rotations and executes with the intent to meet or exceed expectations.
- Department rotations may include but are not limited to: Credit and Credit Training, Business Loan Center, Commercial Banking, Enterprise Sales Enablement, Appraisal, and Fulton’s Sales Partners.
- Conducts special projects and assignments outside scope of normal rotations. Attends seminars, events, and various corporate engagements in support of the Bank and/or employee professional development. Takes full responsibility and initiative to lead and/or or participate in various efforts assigned to the Management Trainee class, including fundraisers, campaigns, and community involvement opportunities.
- Proactively remains in compliance in order to adhere to all policies, procedures, schedule changes, and other employee responsibilities. Routinely communicates and reports on progress in program and provides feedback about program to Manager(s).
- Bachelor Degree – Specialty: Accounting, Analytics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Real Estate, or other Banking or Sales related program. (Required)
- Achievement of an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in an undergraduate program degree. (Required)
- A minimum of six (6) – twelve (12) months’ work experience through internship, co-op or direct work experience in banking, financial services or customer service.
- Must be available to work out of Fulton’s Headquarters in Lancaster, PA for the initial four (4) to six (6) months. (Housing is provided).
- Banking, sales or financial services related experience is strongly preferred.
- Recipient of scholastic, civic or organizational honors/commendations demonstrating excellence, commitment, achievement.
- Participation in civic, fraternal, social, school or professional organizations.
- Measurable leadership demonstrated through financial institution work experience, professional development and volunteer positions.
How to ApplyApply Online