Male Programming Leader (Youth Center Program Assistant)
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, United States
Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS Youth Center)
Program Assistant (Male Programming Leader)
Job Description (Part Time Position) (Approximately 20-25 hours per week)
Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS Youth Center) exists to reach local youth in Christian love; impacting them for life and pointing them to Jesus Christ. Located in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, the center and its staff seek to encourage, develop, and equip our youth to experience Godly wholeness by: Praying, Sharing Christ, Teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised recreation. This is all accomplished though the partnerships of local churches, businesses and individuals.
The Male Programming Leader is one of our two Program Assistant roles and is a year round position that will provide support and leadership to various aspects of the programmatic aspects of the ministry. They will work to achieve the mission and vision of Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) through the building and strengthening of relationships with students and volunteers. The Program Assistant (Male Programming) will also work alongside the Program Director, Executive Director, and other staff and volunteers to serve the students and volunteers through direct and indirect student ministry. Emphasis will be on leading within the programming needs for boys and teen guys in the Senior High, Junior High and Elementary students)
Primary Responsibilities and Commitments
- Work with Elementary, Junior High and High School students during After School Programming (Monday-Thursday 3-6pm) to help lead activities, Bible lessons, gym games, crafts etc.
- Provide direction and or/support for volunteer team members in the After School Programs
- Help fulfill the cleaning schedule of REYS physical buildings and property
- Manage weekly, monthly and annual projects as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director.
- Prioritize relationship building with all youth who walk through the doors of REYS
- Foster a motivational, collaborative, and innovative work and ministry environment
- The Program Assistant will work approximately 20-25 hours each week from 12:00-6:30pm Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly position with no additional benefits.
- Personal commitment and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Leadership and management experience working with youth (or related experience)
- Completed High School Degree Required: Some college or post High School studies are of value.
- Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of REYS
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate the vision of life transformation in youth
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energizing leadership style capable of motivating others
- Relational skills and abilities in working with community partners (churches, schools, volunteers)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and competencies working in multiracial, multicultural environment
- Patience and empathy in working with all ages of youth and those in difficult life circumstances
- Self-motivated and adaptable; well organized to select priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Good command of technology
- Applicants with skill in piano or guitar instruction may be considered for additional employment hours to serve within our music program as well
How to ApplyApplication Process A full application packet can be found at www.reys.org/about Applicants should submit the REYS Employment Application with resume, cover letter and supporting documents to: Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) Attn: Joel Hughes 105 Fairview St. Mount Joy PA 17552 firstname.lastname@example.org 717-653-9511