Live-In Chapter Advisor
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Our organization is currently seeking a professional to serve as a live-in advisor for our Fraternity’s chapter house at Franklin & Marshall College. Compensation for this position would be free housing in the chapter house for the duration of the position, and the individual’s tenancy would be dependent on their employment.
A qualified candidate would need to be organized, have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work with both the active students and the alumni members of the Housing Corporation. A qualified candidate should also have some experience running a student organization, with preference given to individuals with Greek-life leadership experience.
This individual would be in the direct employ of the chapter’s Housing Corporation and would fill a number of roles as part of the position:
- Serve as a live-in chapter advisor to the students, aiding in the running of their chapter; ensuring that they are meeting responsibilities set forth by the National organization, the College, and the Housing Corporation; and ensuring compliance by the students with best practices regarding risk management at the chapter house
- Assist the chapter members with planning and executing community service, philanthropic, leadership training, and social events
- Assist the fraternity’s officers in the execution of their duties, acting as a hands-on resource for students during the course of the year
- Attend chapter meetings and (as necessary) chapter events
- Provide both the brotherhood and individual members with personal and professional guidance
- Serve as an on-site property manager, keeping the Housing Corporation apprised of the state of the physical house and coordinating with contractors to arrange repairs, maintenance, or improvements
How to ApplyPlease e-mail your resume + cover letter to email@example.com.