Jr. Web Designer (TOP 5 EMPLOYER IN PA)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
WebFX is looking for a talented, passionate Jr. Web Designer to join our expanding team. View our award winning portfolio for the types of projects that you would work on: http://www.WebFX.com/portfolio/
WebFX Jr. Web Designers typically work on 80+ projects a year so there is a high level of variety in work and two days are never the same! WebFX Jr. Web Designers design home page prototypes in Photoshop, inner pages, wireframes, build out simple websites, prototype mobile and tablet website layouts in Photoshop, design infographics, design landing pages, design display ads, design social branding and contests, design online branding, etc.
Awards: 2019 Best Places to Work for Commuters, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania (Ranked #1 for Small/Medium Employers), 2014 Best Places to Work for Millennials in America, 2014 Business of the Year in Central PA, Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in US, etc.
* Harrisburg, PA in the Moffitt Mansion
* Harrisburg ranked as one of the country’s Top 50 Places to Live: http://bit.ly/1PeH6LJ
Excellent health, 100% dental, 401K, flex start time, 15 days vacation, matching charity contributions, new hire training program “bootcamp”, employee coffee bar, ping pong tournaments, casual dress & many other new media agency perks (See http://www.facebook.com/WebFX/).
* Passion for design and web design, design skills with the potential to create award winning work, likes to get things done, commitment to delivering high quality and defect free projects to clients – We will train you and build out your skillsets as a Jr. Web Designer.
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in art design, web design or related degree)
* Impressive portfolio
* Ability to quickly build modern CSS layouts
* Outstanding skills in Photoshop
* HTML & CSS skills are essential
* High level of design skill and technical proficiency
* Knowledge of web design conventions, user experience, web standards, optimization and best practices
* Experience using jQuery
* Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
* Responsive design/bootstrap
* Customer service experience
* Internet marketing experience
* Basic PHP/MySQL knowledge
* Knowledge of open source CMS such as WordPress
* Proficiency in Illustrator on InDesign
* Take direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
* Enjoys typography and color theory
* Energized about web information architecture and user experience design
* Customer service focused
* Strong communication skills
* Up-to-date on the latest web technologies
* Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, self motivated
* An eye for detail and a dedication to quality
* Energized about Internet design, functionality and user experience
* Problem solver
Compensation: $36K to $40K
How to ApplyTo apply: Visit www.WebFX.com/jobs to submit a cover letter, resume and sample works.