This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
16 May 2019
Housekeeping Operations Manager
Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania, United States
A Housekeeping Operations Manager is responsible in overseeing the mission and the goals of the housekeeping/laundry department. Oversee the continuous effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to General Manager.
- Manage and mentor Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeping Leads.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support room attendants, laundry & house person associates to ensure employees perform in accordance with hotel standards.
- Observe, monitor and coach staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Administer monthly, weekly and daily training as needed.
- Effectively manage a budget by controlling costs on an ongoing basis utilizing internal resources as needed, managing payroll, controlling inventory, and minimizing turnover.
- Manage daily operation of department, including distribution of keys and work assignments, inspection of guest rooms/public areas/grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety, communication with other departments, and addressing staff concerns/needs as they arise.
- Prepare department schedules based upon occupancy forecasts, and assign duties to co-workers within their scheduled shifts.
- Communicate guest comments to drive improvements and increased guest satisfaction.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the improved operation of the department/hotel, and to increase guest satisfaction.
- Practice and hold staff accountable to safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Maintain an organized working environment where work schedules are posted in a timely manner, checklists are regularly followed, consistency in policy & procedure is maintained, safety information is readily available to staff, ordering guidelines are followed, and communication with team is thorough.
- Assume function of Room Attendant, Laundry Attendant, or House Person as necessary.
- Oversee the physical set up of meeting rooms/functions/special events held at hotel.
- Take control of and secure lost and found items, maintain documentation, and assist in guest follow-through as needed.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all hotel co-workers, Department Heads, TES Inc. co-workers, and outside vendors.
- Safeguard confidential information concerning co-workers or business activities.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings/training sessions as required.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by management.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application on our website at www.JobsThatFitMyLife.com. We guarantee a speedy application process!