Classification: Temporary- up to 6 weeks (June 7-July 20, 2019) – Salaried
This position will oversee the activities and barn time of the horsemanship program. This is a mission experience that contributes to the fulfillment of the objectives of the program ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the campers and other counselors in the horsemanship program.
- Lead campers in lessons during barn time.
- Coordinate the use of the barn and riding ring with the Barn Manager and Horse Instructor.
- Lead campers and counselors through the daily schedule including activities, chapel and campfire, and meal times.
- Assist counselors in handling camper and discipline issues.
Other Job Duties:
- Counselor: you may be a part of an assigned cabin group and will assist the other counselors when you are not engaged in your duties at the barn.
- As a member of the staff, you will assist with weekly preparation of the camp for the next group of volunteers and campers.
- Be available and willing to run/participate in other camp programs
You will be able to work with the Barn Manager, Horsemanship Instructor, and volunteers to work together to accomplish your goals. The Support Staff Coordinator will oversee this role and communication with him/her and the Overnight Camp Coordinator will be important.
Horses, riding equipment, game supplies.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old in order to be trained to operate some equipment.
Candidate should have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities that pertain to the position.
Candidate should have and be able to communicate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Candidate must be able to honor the Camp Conquest Statement of Faith and Core Values.
How to ApplyVisit our Summer Employment page and fill out the Interest Form. Contact Steve Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Internships are available