Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
As a Food & Beverage Finance Intern you will support the Food & Beverage department with daily financial and accounting tasks while making substantial contributions to the daily operation.
In this internship, the selected candidate will gain hands on experience by performing random cash drawer and loan box audits, investigating financial discrepancies, assisting with inventory processes and more.
This Internship is responsible for providing our employees with exceptional customer service, following proper uniform standards, maintaining cleanliness of the work environment, and gaining general overall knowledge of Finance.
- This position is located within the Food & Beverage office at the Hershey Entertainment Complex in Hershey PA.
- This internship is available for 40 hours a week from early May through mid-August.
- Weekend availability is required for this internship.
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
- Applications will be accepted until January 9th, 2020.
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
Best. Perks. Ever.:
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
- Perform random cash drawer and loan box audits of Food & Beverage locations in Hersheypark, Giant Center, and Hersheypark Stadium; the interns will evaluate these results, ensure adequate security over assets and investigate any discrepancies
- Assist with cycle counts of inventory throughout the Food & Beverage department
- Execute several, random operational reviews throughout the summer season for assigned Food & Beverage outlets across the Entertainment Complex
- Document and evaluate the operating procedures, provide feedback to management and recommend future improvements; this internship will work closely with the Corporate Internal Auditor Interns to assist with cash drawer loan box audits
- Assist in the financial analysis of the Food and Beverage report by creating/updating various spreadsheets
- Assist in updating weekly labor tracking spreadsheets and analyze in relation to margin
- Verify operator reports and track any discrepancies or variances
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in undergraduate or graduate education majoring in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related major
- Please note: Students Graduating in May 2020 will not be considered unless enrolled in Graduate School as of Fall 2020.
- Strong math skills are required
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to work in an office environment and work on a computer for long periods of time
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, and communicating
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including: weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Working shifts may include anything between 8:00 AM-11:00pm and are approximately 8 – 10 hour days; a full work week consists of 40+ hours. Both morning and evening shifts will be required. Weekends will also be required based on various concerts and other operational needs
- Occasional late evenings and early mornings are required
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week from early May through mid August.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Applyhttps://www.hersheyjobs.com/jobs/details.php?req=16067