South Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
Family Pastor Position Description
Church: The Harbor Church
Position: Family Pastor
Location: West Kingston, Rhode Island
Reports To: Senior Pastor
The Harbor Church in West Kingston, Rhode Island is hiring a Family Pastor.
We are a non-denominational church of 200+ adults, over 120 children, and a good number of URI college students. The Family Pastor position is a senior level position in our church and will work closely with our lead pastor to shepherd families.
The scope of the position includes:
- Expand ministry strategies that help parents and families in every life stage.
- Overseeing our Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry (Birth – High School)
- Serve as a pastoral presence for our entire church.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Excels at leading and developing volunteer teams.
- Has credibility with parents and is knowledgeable about the challenges they face.
- Enjoys collaborative ministry and thrives in a team setting.
- Can bring fresh thinking to our strategies with children, students and parents.
We are looking for someone who can shepherd and develop family ministry at The Harbor Church. This position will oversee the span of ministry from Nursery to High School, as well as expand our ministry to parents.
This position oversees the following programs:
- Nursery: Current volunteers: 9
- Preschool: Current volunteers: 4
- Children’s Church (during the sermon – K to 3 years). Current volunteers: 8
- Kid’s Club (Sundays; 1 to 5 grade). Current volunteers: 10
- Youth Group (6 to 12 grade). Current volunteers: 4
We are looking for someone who can:
- Grow ministry strategies that focus on the unique needs of parents as their children move through each stage of development.
- Shepherd and develop our Family Ministry Team.
- Collaborate with our team to refine existing strategies and take them to the next level.
- Provide a consistent pastoral presence for the families of our church.
- Be the “cheerleader” for the values and strategies of Family Ministry
- Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (care, equipping, leadership, and preaching)
- Bring fresh thinking to the areas of children, students and family.
Scope of our Family Ministry:
- Weekly Story Time (moms and children to 3 years)
- Summer VBS
- Middle and High School Sunday Small Groups
- Wednesday Youth Group
- Parenting Classes
A candidate should be proficient and confident in the following areas:
- Recruiting, training and equipping volunteers
- Teaching children and students
- Equipping parents
- Caring for parents, teens and/or children in crisis situations
- Developmental stages of children and teens
- Collaborating with a team
- Strategic planning
- Special needs ministry
- Creating safe and fun environments for children and students
- Budget management
Position structure: Full Time – with health insurance, cell phone allowance and 403b matching. Salary will be negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Three to five years ministry experience that includes working closely with families, children and teens
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Solid presentation and teaching skills
- Grace-filled relational and team building skills
- Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing and maintaining a strong and effective team and program
- Strong written communication skills
- Selection process: Resumes will be accepted beginning July 1, 2019 and must be received no later than August 31, 2019. Resumes must be accompanied by a personalized cover letter.
Start Date: Our goal is for our new family pastor to start on October 1, 2019.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org