Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
FACILITY SERVICES TEAM MEMBER – Maintain a clean, organized atmosphere by performing specified housekeeping duties, and set-up and reset rooms.
- Full time weekdays with the potential of some evenings and weekends.
- Part time, 24 hours weekly, evenings and weekends, hours vary.
What This Person Does
- Vacuum, mop, dust, clean bathrooms, and collect trash throughout the building.
- Wash and polish as needed: windows, doors, baseboards, door frames, light switches, hand rails, water fountains, door knobs, and other areas as designated.
- Room Set Up & Tear Down: Responsible for setting up tables, chairs and other equipment required in advance of meetings; and clean-up and tear down following meetings and events.
- Climate Control: Will be responsible for appropriate climate control for all church services, meetings and events in order to ensure comfort of guests.
- Interior & Exterior Lighting: Ensure appropriate lights are turned on for services and meetings and turned off at the conclusion of church services or events. This includes all common areas.
- Stock and maintain cleaning supplies throughout the buildings.
- Attend regular staff meetings and additional meetings when requested.
- Cooperate with the events supervisors and the facilities manager and assistant manager by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
This is a fast-paced, high-energy position.
- Must be able to be on feet for entire shift. A typical shift can involve walking approximately 5 miles.
- Must be able to carry 30lbs or more.
- Must be able to squat and lift 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to push or pull 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to transport tables, chairs and other furniture throughout the building in a timely manner.
- Must be able to bend over for long periods of times.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders.
- Must be able to clean up bodily fluids (blood, urine, feces, vomit).
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail; good near and far vision is important.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements without cramping or tiring.
- Must be able to work with commercial cleaning products.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
- Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
- Participate in small group life.
- Tithe to Worship Center.
- Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
Staff Core Values
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
- Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
- Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
- Integrity and character matter
- We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
- Work hard and have fun!
- Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
- Can-do, make it happen mindset
- Self-directed, motivated
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously
- Honest communication with coworkers
- Believe-the-best is the default position
- Have each other’s backs; builds trust
- Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
- We always bring our best
- We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
- Excellence honors God and inspires people
- Empower Volunteers
- Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
- Engaging others is better than doing it myself
- We can’t do it without them!
- People really, really matter
- We accept and love people right where they are
- We will do everything we can to reach people
- We will treat everyone with respect
- People are more important than policy
How to ApplySubmit an application. Applications are also available at the receptionist desk during office hours.