Director of Student Ministries
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Connect Church has seen significant growth the last few years attracting many families and young adults. The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible for implementing the Connect Church strategy with 6-12th grade students in the MetroWest region.
- We envision a vibrant youth ministry in every community where Connect has a campus.
- We envision youth demonstrating spiritual and practical leadership in their families, at Connect Church and in their communities.
- We envision youth actively reaching their peers with the gospel through daily witness, school-based Bible clubs and social gatherings.The ideal candidate will embody the culture of Connect Church and demonstrate experience or ability to:
• Connect and communicate with youth and their parents• Develop leaders
• Teach, coach and disciple
• Build, organize and lead teams
• Initiate and self-motivate toward goals
- Lead through teams.
Recruit youth staff, build healthy teams, and empower them in discipling youth.
- Develop leaders.
Train youth staff and youth to reproduce themselves and do the work of ministry. Create a culture of learning where people grow. Engage in tough conversations in a life-giving way so that people mature.
- Empower youth to lead and serve.
Help youth discover and make a difference from their strengths. Develop strategies for youth to reach their peers with the gospel.
- Counsel and coach.
Equip youth and their parents with biblical counsel for navigating life challenges encountered by youth.
- Develop and execute a multi-campus strategy.
• Ensure there are opportunities where youth can know God.
• Ensure there are age-appropriate social opportunities for youth to build relationships.
• Ensure there are dynamic small groups where youth find freedom.• Ensure there is personal discipleship of youth by youth leaders.
- Build structures and systems that support and scale the youth ministry.
- Manage the youth ministry budget and finances.
Experience and Education:
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in experience is desired. Experience managing, training or coaching others with evidence of high emotional social intelligence. Fluency in Portuguese is helpful.
Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits with a fun family culture. Benefits include: family medical/dental, retirement plans, professional training, vacation/holidays, sick leave.
About Connect Church:
Connect Church serves the Boston MetroWest community living between Boston and Worcester, MA with campuses located in Ashland and Framingham, MA.
In 2018 Connect declared a vision to reach the MetroWest region with the gospel by expanding to 7 campuses over the next 10 years.
Connect Church has approximately 1000 persons in attendance each weekend with a monthly youth and young adult service (ages 15-28) which gathers 250-350 people. Youth small groups engage about 50 students weekly and have great potential for growth.
Connect Church engages in a four-part discipleship strategy.
Know God – we introduce people to Jesus and get them connected to a spiritual family.
Find Freedom – we help people get unstuck and move into the abundant life of Jesus.
Discover your Purpose – we help people find meaning in who God made them to be.
Make a Difference – we help people invest their gifts to make
a Jesus centered difference in the world.
The Boston/Worcester region population is approximately 4 million with 14% of the population between the ages of 12-18 including about 10,000 Jr-Sr. high youth living within 20 minutes of a Connect Campus. The MetroWest area is multi-cultural includ- ing a significant Brazilian population. Massachusetts boosts beautiful lakes, woods and beaches with the mountains of NH and Vermont not far away.
To learn more about Connect, explore our digital presence for
our youth ministries Activate (Middle School) & ChangeUp (High School) on Instagram and Facebook.
How to Apply